joshuamings's First Concepts

Mings

Well I like your work overall, it is very professional and sharp. I'm not a big fan of the Pacers or Celtics sets; the Celtics like others have said are untouchable, and as for the Pacers, yours seem to follow this disturbing trend of dumbing down uniforms to the most dull. Not that I'm a big fan of their current pinstripe look (pinstripes+basketball=NO), but I think they need a little more flair. Also, try making some more original looks, instead of just using Oregon's and Cincy's current striping patterns. They work, but you can do better. :D

I'm really liking the Pacers set, they're pretty sharp, and simple too, which doesn't have to be a bad thing. The Celtics set is pretty cool, I like the "Irish" one better just because the gold was scaring me :P . And the Bobcats, well, that road...it's...very...um...orange. :blink: . :D Great work overall, and I'm looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Abbey

Abbey.jpg

thanks for the comliments guys. I'm more of a less is more person, I'm a big fan of simplicity and also i'll be able to come up with more original stuff as I learn photoshop better. I though the oregon template was perfect for the pacers as it reminded me of the old uniforms from the early 90's and then I updated it with new colors.

I'm not sure the Celtics would go for an orange uniform at all. maybe the orange trim, but Orange is the color of protestantism (its on the irish flag as a sign of the aspiration of Irish unity I believe) and the Boston Irish community is largely catholic. A yellow or gold third would be mush more likely!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

don't get me wrong, I'm about as conservative a guy as you can find when it comes to uniforms, i guess I just don't like how teams like the Jazz or Magic who have thes egreat identities dumb them down to a high school-looking uniform. I know what you mean about the Oregon template though, and I definitely agree that going back to something like their 90's era unis would be a plus, those things rocked. I think thought that maybe you should keep the "Indiana" identity, since the "Indianapolis" script looks a little crowded on the jersey.

I think when I get a little time this week im gonna rework the pacers concept, coming up with my own and not using a template for it, since im starting to learn illustrator a little better lol

Archived