NBA "Latin Nights" hand drawn logos: Espuelas De San Antonio

ckunz

I have been just sketching some logos lately and decided to make some Latin Nights logos. I started with the Phoenix Suns. It is 95% complete but I was having some trouble with placement of the word "Los". I was thinking about putting the "Los" on the left diagonal but it didn't seem to work. And I know I don't have any element of a basketball in the logo but hey, they only use this logo a few times a year. 

I found the pattern online and thought it fit very nicely with the "Latin Nights" theme. 

After the Suns, I'll move on to the Spurs and the rest of the Latin Nights teams. 

C&C is welcome. 

image.jpeg

The effort you put into making this uniform is exceptional, especially for a hand drawn logo. I was a little worried about the placement of "Los" but you put it exactly where it belonged :D

Well done!

iHxPa5Y.pngqXp6spn.png

"Winners never quit, and quitters never win." ~Vince Lombardi

4 minutes ago, ZionEagle said:

The effort you put into making this uniform is exceptional, especially for a hand drawn logo. I was a little worried about the placement of "Los" but you put it exactly where it belonged :D

Well done!

Thank you so much! Up next is the San Antonio Spurs!!!

Here's my "Los Spurs" concept. Not sure I'm 100% satisfied with it. I wanted to do something with the 90's logo colors but I can't tell if it looks good or not! I like the Alamo themed logo just don't know about the colors. 

C&C still appreciated. 

image.jpeg

LOVE your work...but you know our most common nitpick.

Could you possibly try them as "Soles" or "Espuelas"?  This current format makes it seem less like "Noche Latina" and more like "El Latin Night-o."

v40P3lq.png

26 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Could you possibly try them as "Soles" or "Espuelas"?  This current format makes it seem less like "Noche Latina" and more like "El Latin Night-o."

Hahaha yeah I totally understand that. I was just going off what the NBA is using currently. So would they be Los Soles? And Los Espuelas? I'm not too familiar with the conjugation of words. 

9 minutes ago, ckunz said:

Hahaha yeah I totally understand that. I was just going off what the NBA is using currently. So would they be Los Soles? And Los Espuelas? I'm not too familiar with the conjugation of words. 

Nope...just Soles, Espuelas, etc. (like MLB has Cerveceros, Gigantes, Cardenales, etc.)

v40P3lq.png

9 minutes ago, MBurmy said:

Nope...just Soles, Espuelas, etc. (like MLB has Cerveceros, Gigantes, Cardenales, etc.)

Alright I'll give it a try. Keep the same color scheme though?

Sorry for the delay but I won't be posting any concepts for the rest of the week due to vacation. I'll try to get them up by Sunday night though. Thanks for everyone's insights! 

On June 30, 2016 at 5:45 PM, MBurmy said:

Sorry it took so long but here is the Suns "Soles" logo. 

image.jpeg

Nice work! This is some of the best hand drawn stuff i've seen on here! You could make a copy of the Soles one and add "Los" to it just as an alternative but both look great. I amazed at how you completely replicated the original Suns version exactly. As for the Spurs, it seems incomplete with the bottom just ending like that. Maybe you could put "de San Antonio" at the bottom and box it out. That would make it "Los Spurs (or Espuelas) de San Antonio", which would be correct. I'm not exactly sure but that should improve it and make it feel more complete.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Archived