Minimalistic NHL arenas

ScotM

You know, I have no idea why nobody else is supporting this. I mean, perhaps because there's nothing to critique...they're exquisitely done. Untouchable, really. Idk if I call it "minimalist" ...I usually associate that term with "this tree-shape represents the Wild" kind of concepts, these are definitely bigger and better than that...

Honestly, in all seriousness, you could put some of these in a half decent frame and display it in an office above a desk, and it would fit perfectly. That's how good these are.

They're cool, they're exceptionally well done, and I have no idea why this isn't getting more support on here. 

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Thank you, both. 

I honestly felt like I was screaming into a black hole.

There's a lot of talent on here, and it's quite humbling sometimes. I'm very grateful to be a part of it.

1 hour ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

To tell you the truth I have not posted cause I have no constructive things to say. They are very nice and I like them a lot. To be honest with you I might use your SAP Center as my computer background if you post it.

I'll be starting on the Amalie Arena (Tampa) tonight, and posting it en route to my holiday destination tomorrow, so it may have to wait until Monday/Tuesday. But it will get posted eventually.

And if you do choose to use it as a background, please post a photo. I'd love to use that sort of thing on my portfolio. :)

You know, there is one thing. Take it or leave it, I'm nowhere near the artist you are. You use the occasional photo in your designs, the Leafs is alright, the Verizon Center one is bothersome (I blame Ovechkin), I think the deliberate lack of detail (something we enjoy) broken up with something very detailed (a major change) is jarring. I think omitting photos...or at least any photos of people, would be something to do in the future. 

It was bothering me as well, to be honest. But I wasn't sure how to fill the space. I think it's why Rogers Centre works so well. But these newer arenas have so much ad space. 

I'm open to ideas on how to work around it, but even doing the layout for Amalie Arena, there's two large billboards on either side of the entrance..

19 minutes ago, ScotM said:

It was bothering me as well, to be honest. But I wasn't sure how to fill the space. I think it's why Rogers Centre works so well. But these newer arenas have so much ad space. 

I'm open to ideas on how to work around it, but even doing the layout for Amalie Arena, there's two large billboards on either side of the entrance..

gut reaction is stylized logos. I'm talking like 90s-era goalie masks or old computer wallpapers or Starter jackets and team posters...the team logo with all sorts of shapes and whatnot around it. Make it an ad for the team without looking like a full-on billboard.

Or omit them entirely and make some assumptions on what's behind the billboard.

Idk, it's a toughie. You could always do the billboards in the style of the rest of it, but idk if that will make it worse. Too hard to say.

This is fly over mode in Apple maps. This particular arena is in St Louis, the next one on my list. 

Just behind it is the St Louis arch.

3/4 view will show more of the building and likely make for a more aesthetically pleasing design.

So I'm wondering if I should start over and do all the arenas in 3/4 isometric style or continue on to St Louis.

Or finish them all in 2d flat design and start again from the beginning in 3/4.

image.jpeg

Archived