College Football 2016 Unis: Hawai'i

ckunz

Hey everyone. As you know, I make all my logos and concepts by hand so they usually take a while. I printed off the template and designed and colored everything else by hand. Disregard the extra pair of pants please. It's just one game so I didn't design a second pair of pants. 

For this thread, I wanted to do somesomething  unique. With college football coming up quickly (which I couldn't be more excited for), I decided to start making concept jerseys. For the next part, I chose the biggest games from each week and made some unis for each team. 

First game I picked was Cal vs. Hawai'i. This game is being played in Australia at the end of August. It is also the first game of the 2016 College Football season. image.jpegWhile looking for ideas for these concepts, I came across the gray Cal jerseys from last year and reminded me how much I like that look. I wanted to do something with that uni but make it fresh and new at the same time. 

I'll have Hawai'i up later but for now here is the California Golden Bears!! 

C&C welcome. 

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, cjm3114jr said:

looks good. The extra pants is just the side view, not another pair of pants. From the front view, all we know is that there is yellow somewhere on each side.It would help to do the side view.

oh what the. how did I not know that. Either way, I'll get on that and post when it's done. Thank you!

It's a pretty good start you've got. I'm not a huge fan of the little white sections on the front of the jersey because they're really the only white on the uniform other than a small outline. Also your side and front view of the pants don't match up.

g4104.png

2 hours ago, ckunz said:

UPDATE: Side view of pants complete. 

image.jpeg

45 minutes ago, joshhockey said:

It's a pretty good start you've got. I'm not a huge fan of the little white sections on the front of the jersey because they're really the only white on the uniform other than a small outline. Also your side and front view of the pants don't match up.

They are supposed to be filled in, I think.

9 minutes ago, ECUFan25 said:

They are supposed to be filled in, I think.

Yeah they should but the template doesn't have that option and that's why I didn't color that the same as the pants on the left side 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

56 minutes ago, joshhockey said:

I'll color in the white parts. I just wanted to see what it looked like. 

22 hours ago, joshhockey said:

Does it look better grayed out?

image.jpeg

Next up is Hawai'i. Wanted to keep a simple look but make it modern at the same time. Took out black completely and stuck with green and gray. "Hawai'i" script on jersey and helmet. Warrior pattern on sleeves and helmet. 

C&C invited!!

image.jpeg

Hawaii looks pretty nice. The two "Warrior" patterns are different though. The one on the helmet has alternating dark and white triangles and thin green outline lines. The one on the sleeves has all white triangles and big dark outline lines. Pick one of the patterns (I suggest the helmet's) to use on both and you've got a pretty solid set. 

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

17 hours ago, zg313 said:

Hawaii looks pretty nice. The two "Warrior" patterns are different though. The one on the helmet has alternating dark and white triangles and thin green outline lines. The one on the sleeves has all white triangles and big dark outline lines. Pick one of the patterns (I suggest the helmet's) to use on both and you've got a pretty solid set. 

So maybe I make the shoulder triangles gray and switch the think outline stripes too?

1 minute ago, ckunz said:

So maybe I make the shoulder triangles gray and switch the think outline stripes too?

Maybe make half the shoulder triangles grey (like on the helmet) and make the outline stripes thinner so there isn't grey overload.

You know what my favorite ring is? The next one.

-Tom Brady

Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 7.51.09 PM.png

2 hours ago, zg313 said:

Maybe make half the shoulder triangles grey (like on the helmet) and make the outline stripes thinner so there isn't grey overload.

So like every other triangle grey? Alright I'll try to get that up tomorrow sometime! Thanks for the feedback! 

No more updates for Hawai'i so up next is Oregon State! Went with orange unis, black numbers and stripe design. Orange helmet with same stripe pattern. Wondering about making the face mask black or keep it white? 

C&C!!

image.jpeg

Archived