International Hockey Association

BostonStrong13

So, @JCRGraphix was nice enough to let me revive the IHA, using some of his artwork. 

The IHA will start in 1991-92, as a minor league to the WHL, which can be found here, or here.

The first team, is the Minsk Bisons affiliate, the Belgrade Wolves. 

For the Wolves, I kept things simple, especially for the 1990's. The Wolves will keep this look until they got promoted in 1995, when they went a little bit more 1990s.

The white jersey is the home, dark is away.

Belgrade-Home.png

Belgrade-Away.png

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

3 minutes ago, BostonStrong13 said:

So, @JCRGraphix was nice enough to let me revive the IHA, using some of his artwork. 

The IHA will start in 1991-92, as a minor league to the WHL, which can be found here, or here.

The first team, is the Minsk Bisons affiliate, the Belgrade Wolves. 

For the Wolves, I kept things simple, especially for the 1990's. The Wolves will keep this look until they got promoted in 1995, when they went a little bit more 1990s.

The white jersey is the home, dark is away.

Belgrade-Home.png

Belgrade-Away.png

For the 1990's at least I'd use the CCM templates.. other then that they look good though a little bland

Next up is the Buffalo Thunder. 

The Thunder are the Brooklyn Emperors affiliate, this affiliation would also last until 1995, when Buffalo got promoted to the WHL.

For Buffalo, I went sort of 1990 style with this, using some things that you would see in the 1990s (or in the Sabres case, today).

Dark - Away

White - Home

Buffalo-Away.png

Buffalo-Home.png

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

Ok so for the Thunder I understand it's supposed to look more "'90s" style, but the font for the numbering looks more like a paintbrush, which if these uniforms were actually being worn, I'm pretty sure it may be hard to read. Maybe experiment with the different old style fonts and see what you can get out of it

IMG_7365.PNG

IMG_7364.PNG

5 minutes ago, Broncoboy7 said:

Ok so for the Thunder I understand it's supposed to look more "'90s" style, but the font for the numbering looks more like a paintbrush, which if these uniforms were actually being worn, I'm pretty sure it may be hard to read. Maybe experiment with the different old style fonts and see what you can get out of it

Image result for tampa bay lightning old jersey 1990 

i mean, a NHL team wore the exact same font.

#34ever

Up next, the Detroit Racers.

This I guess was meant to be 1990s style, but the only thing that makes it 1990s is the striping...

The Racers are the affiliate of the Toronto Bucks.

White - Home

Navy - Away

Detroit-Home.png

Detroit-Away.png

#34ever

Next up is the Hollywood Dragons. 

Hollywood went up against Ontario in the first year of expansion. They lost, and Hollywood got a IHA team. Hollywood would later get promoted, and, sadly, Ontario moved to Oakland. 

For the Dragons, I went with something outside the box, like Hollywood. Who's sign seems to be missing...?

White - Home

Gold - Away

Hollywood-Home.png

Hollywood-Away.png

#34ever

• 3 weeks later...

If this is considered bumping I would like to apologize. But anyway THE IHA IS BACK!...again. First off I would like to say that myself and @Darknes have been helping out @BostonStrong13, mostly with names, colors, locations, etc. However, as of recent I've been coming up with the designs for some of the uniforms, so every so often, I will be uploading some of the uniforms...like in this case.  So without further ado, next team on the list: 

Kharkiv Devils:

The Devils were the the affiliate of the Kiev Angels, until like Hollywood got promoted to the WHL.

So, unlike Hollywood, I went with a more traditional route for the Devils.

White is Home

Black is Away

VAB4lkv.png

vbP7XTf.png

Up next we've got the...

London Crown:

The Crown were the affiliate of the Amsterdam Royals who relocated to London and assumed the name.

The Crown were actually half inspired by their current look (as of the 2006 season) and half by the 90's/early to mid 2000's. Also originally I had this on a RBK Edge template, like I did with the Devils. However I converted over to Pre-Edge Reebok because of conintuity reasons and more or less time period accuracy.

Anyways,...

*side note the change in the numbers and addition of the captain's "C" were in an effort to show off the numbers.

White is Home

Red is Away

wslUSkV.png

aoviixl.png

Archived