Wile E. Maple Leaf?

CC97

What were attendance figures at the coliseum this past season? It seems as if the owners will lay dormant for one season and await the Baby Leafs from NFLD. Wonder why the Leafs never used this concept with the Gardens?

From what I recall attendence at the Coliseum was around 4,500 per game (but 8,000 per game with the Baby Leafs as visitors)

The Leafs would rather play at Ricoh because it's modern, has the private boxes, and they don't have to pay for it.

They won't play at MLG because they can sell it to someone else (hockey teams need not apply)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think this move is great.

-Saves the AHL travel time. Remember, St. John's is closer to Ireland then Utah. It is a FAR way away not to have any rivals.

-Players will be happier, and it will be a sellout.

-Some form of cup might go to Toronto

-And, the best part....Newfoundland can get a QMJHL team, which kicks the AHL's rear! Give one to the other St. John, and we can have the ultimate Maritime division/league.

Shadiness to me. And it's a shame about MLG. Does a junior team even still play there, or is it being turned into a grocery store?

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Shadiness to me. And it's a shame about MLG. Does a junior team even still play there, or is it being turned into a grocery store?

The St. Mike's Majors (OHL) played there for a season, but they left (kicked out? I dont know), and the Toronto Rock were playing there until 2000 I blieve... Maple Leaf Gardens hasn't been used for anything since (other than a Ron Howard boxing movie acting as MSG III).

It will be turned into a Loblaws Grocery Store shortly, joining the Montreal Forum (oh sorry, the Pepsi Forum & Entertainment Centre) as hockey museums turned into stores.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

i looked at the ahl website and the st. john's maple leafs website, but no news on a team name. but i guess its to early for that

Scratch St. Pats, let's call em the Toronto Coyotes :)

Ummm.... I don't think so. I think the whole MLSE is Looney Tunes :wacko:

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived