NBA road teams in white in 90s

chrispw12

31 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

That game was so depressing for Bulls fans. First game after the dynasty was broken up... and it had to be at the site of their last and greatest triumph. Ugh.

Ron Harper (R) of the Chicago Bulls takes the ball : News Photo

And, on the flip side for us Jazz fans it was depressing feeling we should have been raising a banner that night.

But, yeah, it was soooooooo odd watching the Bulls sans MJ, Pippen, Rodman and the usual squad. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't been able to find any photos yet, but according to the book "In The Hornets' Nest", the Hornets wore their teal unis at home on 21 April 1989 vs the Bucks as part of fan appreciation night. Per the book, the Hornets asked the league to wear their road unis at home and were granted permission. I'll try and locate some pictures...

The Magic in white in Charlotte against the Hornets in their new purple jerseys. I believe this was the first time they wore their secondary jerseys?

454620352.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived