Rare NBA Getty Images, Google & Internet Find

9 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Came across another old b/w New Orleans Jazz  photo (this one from year one of the franchise) and noticed  yet again how BAD the away jersey logo looked back in those days.  It looks like the round portion of the J/musical note does not even have the lines showing it as a basketball.  It doesn't even look ROUND, but more squat. Plus, the spacing of the letters seems off:
v2YHeAp.jpeg

Discogod's Slick Watts photo 4 posts earlier than this one looks the same way, and as he noted, that was actually a year one jersey as well...  

Yeah, the choice of Year One road jersey design baffles me considering the home jersey was the exact logo. Kudos for the Jazz making THIS one the throwback they wore last year during the 50th. But, I'd love to find or know if there's a backstory to the discrepancy in designs.

UtahJazz_23-24_Uniform_Classic_1.jpg?w=9

Screenshot-2023-09-26-at-7.05.07-AM.png 

• Like 2

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• 1 month later...

More Jazz, this one from their 1st ever season. This one was taken in the old Loyola Fieldhouse in New Orleans. You can see the vertical netting along the court in the background; the court was above floor level:
eXm2PGA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It is what it is.