Calgary Flames Concept

NoE38_Concepts

After finishing my Oilers concept, I wondered if I could make a decent jersey for their rivals, the Flames that still included black in their colour scheme, as I like their logo better with it. I went in the same direction as my Oilers concept with two stripes, and then added black stripes around and in between them. I think that it turned out pretty well. The numbers are triple outlined to match the logos on the jerseys, and I brought back their alternate logo from last year. Lastly, I wasn't sure on whether to do a full-length yoke as a throwback to these jerseys, and I'd like to hear what you guys think.

k2n41d.png

C&C is appreciated!

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Now that's a solid look.

With the Flames current uniform - and by extension the pre-Edge set it's loosely based on - I like the use of black on the red jersey but really hate how it's used on the white uniform. On the former it kind of fits and contrasts well with the red, but on their white jersey it feels like its been forced in. The way you've used it here feels a lot more natural and works really well. If the Flames came out with these tomorrow they'd be one of the best dressed teams in the league.

As for the idea of a full length yoke, personally I think that would be a bit much. But why not try it out anyway?

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

@Zeus89725 Here's what I got from your idea, I wasn't sure if you meant just the arm stripes, hem stripes, or both, so I went with both. Personally, I think the home looks way better than the road.

16h0x0x.png

@wildwing64 I did try it out, and you were correct, it did look way busy. Unfortunately, the file got deleted. (computers are evil)

Also bumping this for more feedback, I would really like to know if there is anything else I should try or if there are any other thoughts you have.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

@Zeus89725 Here's what I got from your idea, I wasn't sure if you meant just the arm stripes, hem stripes, or both, so I went with both. Personally, I think the home looks way better than the road.

sqqr9w.png

I'm a fan! Perhaps switching the red and yellow on the away would balance the colors better?

Archived