March Madness Concepts & Template Unveiling

colinturner95

So I started to make an AeroSwift template when it was unveiled, and I didn't have enough resources to complete it at the time, so I moved on, worked on other things and now, in the the biggest basketball month of the year, I finally have a template. It will be an .ai file and I'm still debating on a release right away. But in the meantime, and to make sure that I worked out all the bugs, I decided to roll in a Sweet 16 concept thread with it. 

First things first, here's the template. 

48C823O.png

And starting off the concepts is the Wisconsin/Florida matchup: 

1fNCmSS.pngrBYjgRe.png

Wisconsin's newish look doesn't change a whole lot with the move to the template. Biggest difference is the leg stripes wrap around the legs this time. 

305TZjn.pngcFuYA91.png

So I do not like Florida's current uniforms, the panel design just isn't doing it for me, so I mixed the HyperElite Disruption uniforms with the sublimated gator pattern, and the stripe pattern from the 2013 uniforms and you get the above result. 

I know I'm a day late dollar short for the whole set of games, but I still plan on getting through them all to the finals. 

C&C welcome!!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 3/24/2017 at 4:58 PM, ImmortalChef said:

Damn, this is a great template, now all you have to do is pull the name and number down, because that has always irked me

Since this is my first real foray into basketball concepts, I'm still learning the placement of numbers, names and such. The template doesn't really lend itself well to names on the back. I'll keep playing with it, but I'm sure experience will help the more and more I do basketball concepts. 

Ye1s2tB.pngC9yzMMI.png

In my first entry in the "Upsets that blindsided me" is South Carolina. I really have no issue with their current look, but its tourney time, lets do something new. I was really inspired by these uniforms, but I kept a little bit of the current thread to them. 

5NWMiFC.pngiC4AXyT.png

Baylor needs to do three things: Switch to Nike across the board, drop the old gold and neon, and utilize the bearpaw. So the above is the result. Took the existing look and fit it to the AeroSwift template, added the bear paw to the shorts and changed the collar striping to match the side stripes. 

C&C welcome. I know the names and numbers are a little high on Baylor. I'm still getting used to the template. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Quick update, fixed the logo on the shorts for SC. 

Tc5RmQh.png

Next up Zaga/WVU

mexf2FA.png6d1WyZU.png

Didn't see a whole lot of issues with Gonzaga's uniforms. Just added some trim and the panels to the side. 

dZETcnF.pngt6Ro1z6.png

Also didn't see a whole lot wrong with West Virginia, just added and subtracted some paneling. Went yellow on the away to be unique. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

14 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

Awesome concepts man! Honestly i dont see anything wrong with these at all.. Any way you have a blank white template?

At the end of the concepts, I'll release the template. I'm using this as a chance to work out any bugs in the template. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So I didn't get through the Sweet 16 like I wanted to, but oh well. Note to self next year: lets not start this project in the middle of March Madness. 

But all that aside, lets get to the Final Four: 

mexf2FA.pngTc5RmQh.png

These two you've seen already, not a whole lot more to say about these two. 

z740PQK.png2jILhUC.png

These two you haven't. This might be unpopular, but I think UNC's uniforms could use a make over. The argyle is great. The argyle with the side panels is too much for me. So I pulled the argyle out of the panels, and just made the uniforms simpler and cleaner. Oregon is a little bit more modern. I like the new duds they rolled out, but I hoped the jerseys could have some of the wings on there, so I added the wings to the shoulders. 

And now to the battle of the #1's: 

z740PQK.png6d1WyZU.png

mexf2FA.pngO4Z2VIl.png

Either way, I think that we get a good uniform matchup here and in real life. Not to mention that it should be a great championship game. Plus I picked these two to make it in both my brackets and UNC wins in one and Zaga in the other, so either way I come out on top :P

C&C welcome on everything and I'll likely have the template link up tomorrow. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 3/24/2017 at 4:28 PM, bkknight95 said:

So I started to make an AeroSwift template when it was unveiled, and I didn't have enough resources to complete it at the time, so I moved on, worked on other things and now, in the the biggest basketball month of the year, I finally have a template. It will be an .ai file and I'm still debating on a release right away. But in the meantime, and to make sure that I worked out all the bugs, I decided to roll in a Sweet 16 concept thread with it. 

First things first, here's the template. 

48C823O.png

And starting off the concepts is the Wisconsin/Florida matchup: 

1fNCmSS.pngrBYjgRe.png

Wisconsin's newish look doesn't change a whole lot with the move to the template. Biggest difference is the leg stripes wrap around the legs this time. 

305TZjn.pngcFuYA91.png

So I do not like Florida's current uniforms, the panel design just isn't doing it for me, so I mixed the HyperElite Disruption uniforms with the sublimated gator pattern, and the stripe pattern from the 2013 uniforms and you get the above result. 

I know I'm a day late dollar short for the whole set of games, but I still plan on getting through them all to the finals. 

C&C welcome!!

I love the template, but im really waiting for a blank white one without " NIKE 17 " on the front or back. 

On 4/10/2017 at 0:46 PM, W24F said:

Ok. Could you then post one in jpg form? I'll see if I can ask someone to make it into Ps.

Ok I'm stupid lol btw I got it to work and it's great, thanks!

Archived