San Antonio Spurs

Lights Out

zZP2teX.png

I think the Spurs have the best uniforms in the NBA, but they could still use some tweaks. I brought back the round collars and waistband striping that they used to have before the switch to Rev30, gave them a custom number font to match the wordmarks, and brought back the city name on the road. For the road jersey, I came up with two different options and I'm not sure which one to go with. The first option is pretty close to their current road jersey aside from the city name appearing on the road. The second option is inspired by the look that George Gervin wore on the road - which looks trendy without being out-of-touch with the team's history and tradition. I'm currently tinkering around with ideas for an alternate, and I'll post that later.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

58 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

zZP2teX.png

I think the Spurs have the best uniforms in the NBA, but they could still use some tweaks. I brought back the round collars and waistband striping that they used to have before the switch to Rev30, gave them a custom number font to match the wordmarks, and brought back the city name on the road. For the road jersey, I came up with two different options and I'm not sure which one to go with. The first option is pretty close to their current road jersey aside from the city name appearing on the road. The second option is inspired by the look that George Gervin wore on the road - which looks trendy without being out-of-touch with the team's history and tradition. I'm currently tinkering around with ideas for an alternate, and I'll post that later.

Nice work.  I like the Gervin-era roads.  Would love to see the Fiesta colors on an alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I really like the entire set you've created here! Although a relatively minor detail, the rounded collar makes a huge difference to me for some reason. Switching the away wordmark to 'SAN ANTONIO' makes sense, and matching the number font to the wordmark font is something I hadn't previously considered -- but I'm almost always in favor of consistency so I think it's an important and worthwhile tweak. Both of the black uniforms look great, so the Gervin-era one could work just as well as an alternate/fauxback. I'm not a fan of their current gray alternate, but yours is slightly improved because fiesta colors make everything better!

Sidenote re: the fiesta colors -- did you create the pattern yourself or find it online somewhere? I've been searching for a digital version of the print that appeared on their '90s warm-ups without any luck, but the one you used looks perfect!

• 1 month later...

Great explorations on the Spurs Jerseys. Last night I heard about the new logo for the 2017-2018 season and had to do a test of how it would look on jerseys, here the test before and after, with just the change on the typography. 

Love the idea of translating the entire name for the "Latin Nights". "Las Espuelas" makes much more sense, its grammatically correct and doesn't promote spanglish like "Los Spurs".

Kawhi_spurs_17-18_season.png

Archived