NHL Adidas Concepts - 2023 Heritage Classic Added

Rygi13

On 11/2/2022 at 9:20 PM, Rygi13 said:

2023 Winter Classic

The Pens and Bruins will Clash at Bostons' Fenway park. Check out my other thread in which I mocked up the rink for this game.  Today, both teams announced the logos they will wear during the game. I took these logos and mocked up what I think they should wear this winter.
FprypJ1.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins
The visitors rock cream color sweaters inspired by the Pittsburgh Pirates uniforms from the 20's. The team also revealed the logo on a cream background, which I took as a clue. The sleeve feature bold numbers, stripes and patches of the city's coat of arms large enough to be seen across the stadium.
zRWy36F.jpg

Boston Bruins
The hosts wear an inverted version of their 1948 white uniforms, which inspired the wordmark on this years jersey. The "Spoked B" logo from that year is featured as a shoulder patch. Large stripes adorn the sleeves, but absent are any player numbers in line with the 48/49 uniforms.DhpkLsL.jpg

If this is what the Bruins bring out for the Winter Classic it is instantly going in my collection. I do wonder if they'll go black as the main color or if they'll go yellow or brown. This is the most excited I've been for a Winter Classic in awhile

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

Montreal Canadiens - Reverse Retro-ish

This concept stretches the reverse retro concept a bit and more into the City Connect/ City Edition territory. The Habs alternate draws inspiration from the flag of Montreal. The traditional stripe is bisected by a vertical stripe. I couldn't decide between a full cross and a subtler look. The fleur de lis, rose, shamrock, and thistle from the flag are finished in silver. The White pine from the center of the flag is located inside the collar.
sVsJFMt.jpg
OHZXLDd.jpg

• Like 3

• Rygi13 changed the title to NHL Adidas Concepts - 2023 Stadium Series, Winter Classic & Canadiens Alternate
  • 1 month later...

Heritage Classic - Commonwealth Stadium

The "Battle of Alberta" appears to be hitting the pond next season. The Flames and Oilers will both wear province centered uniforms as they fight for provincial supremacy and braggin' rights. The color-on-color matchup will feature sweaters in Alberta's provincial colors of blue and gold.

Edmonton Alberta Oilers

The Oilers dig back into their past and bring out a recolored version of their inaugural, 1972 WHA "Alberta Oilers'", orange sweater. The blue and orange are swapped, Reverse Retro style. The "Oilers" wordmark is replaced with Alberta on the crest.
i77lq6z.jpg

Atlanta Calgary Alberta Flames

The Flames also throw it back to 1972, their first season in Atlanta. The iconic Flames' "A" comes back, this time to represent "Alberta". The "A" is placed on a gold sweater, for the first time in Flame's history. The new uniform swaps white and gold from the team's first white uniform.
t4tAib0.jpg

• Like 2

• Rygi13 changed the title to NHL Adidas Concepts - 2023 Heritage Classic Added