Danny the Sheeb

3 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I freely admit, I have no idea what you're talking about.  I know what RGB coordinates are, but what are you implying?  I'm not very computer smart.

VAN BUREN POINTERS

The league's wannabe bluebloods.  After losing the 2015 Eastern Finals, the Pointers traded for veteran SF Mike Stephenson, went on a tear, and went to the league finals.  There, they won the first game...and lost the next four to Mulberry.  The next year, the Pointers steamrolled through the short (16-game) regular season, losing only once (to Mulberry).  They shoved through the Eastern playoffs, making it to their second straight Finals.  There, they won the first two games...and lost the next four.

To Mulberry. :P

Name and colors are taken from VBHS.  Colors are dark green, black, and white.

Any and all C+C appreciated!

vb1.png

vb2.png

vb3.png

Van Buren looks good.

What I mean is, do you have RGB coordinates for the colors you're using? It would be pretty easy to find them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

What I mean is, do you have RGB coordinates for the colors you're using? It would be pretty easy to find them.

Si.  But what do I do with them?

Funny thing is, that's actually closer to the green I envision for them.  I just use a darker color because it's already given to you by the program (and the other greens aren't quite right).

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

3 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Si.  But what do I do with them?

Funny thing is, that's actually closer to the green I envision for them.  I just use a darker color because it's already given to you by the program (and the other greens aren't quite right).

You share them with us! Like, tell us the RGB values for each color as part of the team info.

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

You share them with us! Like, tell us the RGB values for each color as part of the team info.

Ah!  I'll do that, then.  Thanks.

Once again, any C+C is greatly appreciated!

ZERO STREET ROCKETS

Once upon a time, the Rockets were the team everyone looked up to.  As a 2013-14 expansion team, they shocked everyone by going 13-0...before bombing out in six games against Colton Drive in the division finals.  The next year, they rebounded with a 14-2 record and a six-game championship over Fort Chaffee.  But after getting beaten in the division semifinals against Old Greenwood in 2016 and going 8-8 in 2017 (though still making the playoffs), they looked done.  But with a rejuvenated offensive attack and a division switch with expansion realignment, they're ready to go again.

no one found the secret message

Not much to say here.  After their championship season, they broke out a special yellow set with a "FSBL Champions" patch for certain games, including the rematch against Fort Chaffee.  But that was only a one-year deal.

Red=R 255, G 0, B 0

White=duh

At least there's no real issues with these.

zst1.png

zst2.png

HEATHER MOOR EAGLES

Expansion team.  Normally, there wouldn't be much to talk about here...except that the four expansion teams into the league so far (not counting Chaffee Crossing, who were a replacement) have usually met success.  The Rockets went 13-0.  The Lightning...we'll get to them.  The Colonels made the Finals.  The Bulldogs...stunk.  They went 3-13 and ended up with the number 2 pick in the draft by losing a coin flip with the other worst team, Campus.

The shorts are inspired by those dumb Celtics black-trimmed alts (and I think it's evident on their current black ones, too).  It's a decent design element, butchered by injustice of color balance.

Blue: R 153, G 204, B 255 (kind of a Carolina blue).

hm1.png

hm2.png

hm3.png

Side note: I'm disappointed in the relative lack of feedback.  I really want to hear from you guys.  This means a lot to me, and I love designing (even with totally unfit computer programs).  Thanks to @MCM0313 for supporting this series.

2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

HEATHER MOOR EAGLES

Expansion team.  Normally, there wouldn't be much to talk about here...except that the four expansion teams into the league so far (not counting Chaffee Crossing, who were a replacement) have usually met success.  The Rockets went 13-0.  The Lightning...we'll get to them.  The Colonels made the Finals.  The Bulldogs...stunk.  They went 3-13 and ended up with the number 2 pick in the draft by losing a coin flip with the other worst team, Campus.

The shorts are inspired by those dumb Celtics black-trimmed alts (and I think it's evident on their current black ones, too).  It's a decent design element, butchered by injustice of color balance.

Blue: R 153, G 204, B 255 (kind of a Carolina blue).

hm1.png

hm2.png

hm3.png

The blue should be their main road and the black their alt.

2 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The blue should be their main road and the black their alt.

For whatever reason, I decided on black as their primary color.  Which, now that I think about it, doesn't make much sense, given that two of the other expansion teams use black...

6 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Side note: I'm disappointed in the relative lack of feedback.  I really want to hear from you guys.  This means a lot to me, and I love designing (even with totally unfit computer programs).  Thanks to @MCM0313 for supporting this series.

Sorry, Danny. I haven't been that active lately. On the other hand, I like the Eagles having black as their primary color, it is very unique. 

10 hours ago, CheeseBurger22 said:

Sorry, Danny. I haven't been that active lately. On the other hand, I like the Eagles having black as their primary color, it is very unique. 

Thanks for joining!

It won't be unique when you see the other expansion teams...

13 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

For whatever reason, I decided on black as their primary color.  Which, now that I think about it, doesn't make much sense, given that two of the other expansion teams use black...

In my opinion, teams that use unique or even unusual colors need to own them. It's why it frustrates me to see the Jaguars relegating teal to a tertiary color. Luckily Tom Coughlin also wants them to wear teal, from what I've heard. But yeah, make your teams proudly display the colors that make them unique!

Thanks for the feedback.

On to the Western Division!

PHOENIX FIREBIRDS

In their first two seasons, the Firebirds were awful.  Then they signed former Heat PF P.J. Cummings and went on a roll, going to the playoffs before getting smoked 3-1 by Roland.  But after that one miracle season, they collapsed and went 4-28 over the next two seasons.  However, Cummings now has SF Kris Gaucci and former Fort Chaffee PG Dan Long to form a surprisingly viable triad.

The gradient on the home wordmark is an idea I had quite some time ago, but it was supposed to go vertically.  But the limitations of the program didn't allow me to do that, so I just went horizontally.  No big deal.  I think it looks fine, but I hate gradients on uniforms.  The homeschool program I play basketball for have some HORRIBLE blue-gradient road jerseys...:puke:

I forget the RGBs (it's a long story involving a power cord and Internet capabilities), but if the colors are off, then I'll find them.

phx1.png

phx2.png

phx3.png

EDIT:  The color issues are a blessing in disguise here, as the orange wasn't originally that noticeable compared to the red (especially on the yellow set's stripes).  This is actually much better. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Thanks for the feedback.

On to the Western Division!

PHOENIX FIREBIRDS

In their first two seasons, the Firebirds were awful.  Then they signed former Heat PF P.J. Cummings and went on a roll, going to the playoffs before getting smoked 3-1 by Roland.  But after that one miracle season, they collapsed and went 4-28 over the next two seasons.  However, Cummings now has SF Kris Gaucci and former Fort Chaffee PG Dan Long to form a surprisingly viable triad.

The gradient on the home wordmark is an idea I had quite some time ago, but it was supposed to go vertically.  But the limitations of the program didn't allow me to do that, so I just went horizontally.  No big deal.  I think it looks fine, but I hate gradients on uniforms.  The homeschool program I play basketball for have some HORRIBLE blue-gradient road jerseys...:puke:

I forget the RGBs (it's a long story involving a power cord and Internet capabilities), but if the colors are off, then I'll find them.

phx1.png

phx2.png

phx3.png

EDIT:  The color issues are a blessing in disguise here, as the orange wasn't originally that noticeable compared to the red (especially on the yellow set's stripes).  This is actually much better. :lol:

The gradient text looks pretty cool.

Thanks, guys.

MULBERRY HEAT

There is only one way to describe this team:  a dynasty.  Back-to-back championships, four Finals appearances in five years, and one of only two teams to make the playoffs five years straight.  The bane of Van Buren's existence retains all their starters and are ready for another deep playoff run.

These began life as a Miami Heat ripoff, but some changes were made.  No italics, no flame tail on the T (kinda sad about that one), and different side striping.  Oh, and the road is red and says "Mulberry".  The alternate was originally like the home white, but after their first championship, they changed it to this "fiery" one.  After their second championship in a row, they retained it.  In real life, it probably would have actual "flames" instead of gradients, but...you know.  Technical limitations.

The name is interesting.  My dad has a friend who used to live in Mulberry, AR.  He grows his own peppers and makes them into "Mulberry Heat".  Even after he moved to FS (and he now lives in Fayetteville), why mess with an established brand?

The Heat don't play in Mulberry.

mul1.png

mul2.png

mul3.png

I keep forgetting to get the RGBs (these were made on a different computer).  But it's basically just Miami Heat colors.

By the way, I might do an "after-series" where I go full Nike and make the craziest alternate design I can for every team.  A few teams, though, already have all the bases covered on crazy...:upside:

Archived