Will's Trivia Question #3

WJMorris3

University of Texas over University of Houston (Complete guess)

Other possibilities: Minnesota and Syracuse.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I haven't the answer but I need Will to answer me this .....

Who were the starting quarterbacks in 1947 when the College All

Stars beat the Chicago Bears 16-0 before a crowd of 105,840 at

Soldier Field?

I don't even know the answer but I'm looking for help.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I just found the answer, but I cheated, so I won't give it. THe only thing I'll say is that it predates the domes we think of when we think of football today.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Oh, and one more thinkg...

One of the teams invovled has a current logo that is a blatant rip-off of Iowa State.

POTD (Shared)

What team won the first major-college football game played in an indoor stadium, and who did they beat?

Ooops, it occurs to me that the game I found may not be a MAJOR college football game:

Saint Mary's of Minnesota vs. St. Viators in the 124th Field Artillery Armory, Chicago, 1934.

I don't know who won: http://sports.smumn.edu/hall/krause.html

POTD (Shared)

You've got a point, but not quite correct, OnWis - you've got a non "major college football game" but you're definitely thinking correctly - it's not a dome as we'd think of it today.

Third hint: The building that hosted it is still standing today.

LvZYtbZ.png

No, actually, that's close, but not quite - as it is a minor playing a major. That, and THAT MSG is no longer standing.

Okay, let's get the answer. On December 19, 1964, Utah knocked off West Virginia 32-6 in the Liberty Bowl, which was played in Boardwalk Convention Hall in Atlantic City, NJ

LvZYtbZ.png

No, actually, that's close, but not quite - as it is a minor playing a major. That, and THAT MSG is no longer standing.

Okay, let's get the answer. On December 19, 1964, Utah knocked off West Virginia 32-6 in the Liberty Bowl, which was played in Boardwalk Convention Hall in Atlantic City, NJ

Historically speaking anyone playing football in 1887 was a Major. You should remove the 2004 perspective and put the question in context.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

Historically speaking anyone playing football in 1887 was a Major.  You should remove the 2004 perspective and put the question in context.

Yeah, I agree!

:D

Anyways, it was a great question that definitely tested my fact-finding skills.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Archived