Paul Kariya

Wild Winger

Well, I haven't heard anything regarding an untimely death or anything, so I presume he's alive, probably spending some time with his family, paying some attention to the CBA mess, doing some off-season training, that kind of stuff.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Yes I am a huge Mighty Ducks of Anaheim fan. I shall always cherish when Steve Thomas scored 40 seconds into OT at 12:01 AM on my 20th birthday to even the Cup Finals.

Well, I'm not too keen on what he did to the team, particularly when he said immediately after winning the Western Conference that "this is only the beginning" and then less than two months later, after guiding the team to within 40 minutes of the Stanley Cup, he's jumped ship. It was probably his departure that somewhat persuaded Oates and Thomas to leave too. (Then again, you came blame either of them. They were excellent journeymen who were desparate for silver.)

I wouldn't mind if he came back to the Anaheim, but I can live with him staying away.

As for what he's up to, there hasn't been any news on him. The funny thing with him is he is the only Group V Free Agent in the league and because he's a great player and his contract price is somewhat flexible, I'm surprised no one has picked him up yet.

As for if he plays for the Hamilton WHA, it's up in the air. I think the only NHL player who has even come close to expressing interest to play in the WHA is Ed Belfour who is actually a part owner of the Dallas Americans.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

If Kariya stays in the NHL, maybe a return to Anaheim. Maybe a homecoming in Vancouver. Or maybe...just maybe...

kariya.gif

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

What's Michalek going to wear then?

Likely #8. Just a hunch, but Kariya would likely buy #9 from him.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I dunno notorious. While I do agree that your destination's mentioned are possible and he will want to play for a winner, I don't believe he's neccessarily at that "point in his career". Strictly guessing based on when he became a UFA, he's what? 32? Guys are playing past 40 lately. If he gets to be 37, 38, 39, and STILL doesn't have a Cup, that's when I'd say he's at that point of his career. Also though, last year I think he felt like he signed with a near sure fire winner...more like back fire...so...we'll see what his thoughts on that have become...

I dunno notorious. While I do agree that your destination's mentioned are possible and he will want to play for a winner, I don't believe he's neccessarily at that "point in his career". Strictly guessing based on when he became a UFA, he's what? 32? Guys are playing past 40 lately. If he gets to be 37, 38, 39, and STILL doesn't have a Cup, that's when I'd say he's at that point of his career. Also though, last year I think he felt like he signed with a near sure fire winner...more like back fire...so...we'll see what his thoughts on that have become...

Actually he's 29. He took that massive paycut so he can official qualify as an unrestricted free agent. He is now guarenteed to make at least $1.8M next season, but he doesn't have to go any higher.

I can see him signing a long term deal with a team that appears to be at the cusp of greatness now. I think he'd probably be an excellent fit in Ottawa who have very little on the left side but an very potent right side.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived