Sign in to follow this  
KINGCHANCELLOR

Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup

So every year, the two universities in Alaska (UAA and UAF) compete in a 4-game hockey series called the Governor's Cup. I'm working on ideas for the logo and need some much-needed feedback, so C&C is appreciated.

ZL8tpst.jpg

Doesn't Alaska have an "Alaska Airlines" lockup in their proprietary font?  If so, the top is #1, if not, C

Edit:  Scratch that, they did with the old font, looks like they don't with this new font.

I like A since it has the Alaska Airlines name on one line instead of two. I'd like the trophy to have more definition but it fits in with the rest of the design as is. 

I like A the best because the airline logo is nicely integrated but it's also clear that it's the airline that's sponsoring it. C is a little ambiguous. There just doesn't seem to be enough contrast between the blue in the logo and the black. Maybe a dark grey, around 75-80%, instead of black? Loving the little glint/star off the trophy as well.