Redesigning Minnesota High School Hockey

Section30

On 2/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, Section30 said:

Hello everyone, I am currently taking a little break from my MAHL series in the sports fan fiction page to work on this new project I have been thinking about doing for a while. I plan on going back to it very soon, and it by no means is going to die, I just want to change it up a little bit ya know? Anyways, there has been a little bit of talk on the boards lately about high school hockey and with the state tournament just a week away, I thought now would be a great time to make a series where I redesign every men's high school hockey team in the state (I have nothing against the women's teams, there just are more men's teams and a lot of women's teams are combined with other schools). I will make a home, away and alternate for every team in the state.

I'm just gonna say this now, I will be using logos that are used by the high school, so if they happen to actually belong to a college or professional team, it is the schools fault, I am just trying to make use of what they really use. In a few cases I might decide to make a logo, only if what the school really uses is THAT bad. All of the logos will likely be re-done by me in illustrator to prevent pixelation and just overall improve the quality, so if anyone would like to see the logo alone I could post that as well, just ask.

I'll be choosing conferences at random, but I'll begin with the Lake Conference since they have some of the biggest schools in the state.

Up first I have Eden Prairie. The Eagles use the flying eagle logo from Boston College both on its own and in front of "EP" for Eden Prairie as their logos.

Eden Prairie High School

Nickname: Eagles

Enrollment: 3,018

Rival(s): Edina, Minnetonka, Wayzata

Class: AA

State Titles: 2 (2009, 2011)

State Tournament Appearances: 11 (1992, 1999, 2001, 2003, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019)

Home:

I brought back the Mittelstadt era uniform with a few tweaks. The black stripe near the bottom of the jersey is gone to simplify it as it didn't really add anything IMO, and the BC Eagle logo is added to the breezers. This is a unique jersey that is instantly identifiable as EP, I still don't know why they switched from it.

Away:

The away jersey is new to EP, it is simply a color swapped version of their home with red taking prominence over the white.

Alternate:

The Eagles currently don't have a red jersey, which is stupid. They instead use these grey for grey's sake alternates. I love the script on those jerseys, I just hate the grey, so I took that jersey, made it red and adjusted the striping to match. I think this is a good faux-back look for them that brings their primary school color back into the uniform rotation.

Yd1w0ix.png

Let me know what you think, comments are appreciated!

Hey there, I have decided that I am making the 64 top MSHSL teams (A/AA) based off last years section semi finals in my NHL 20 game. There will be 3 leagues, A, AA, and a A/AA leauge that has the 2 teams from each section championship of both A/AA based on 2019/2020 season. I’ll post the results as I go, plan is to do 2 teams a day. The only thing that stinks is you can’t type out words so font is a single letter. 

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived