NHL Redesigned (all original logos)

JCRGraphix

For fun I decided to start a project redesigning the NHL with absolutely no logos the teams have previously used. We're going to start out west with the Pacific Division first.

For the Anaheim Ducks, I created a duck mask logo and a more Duck-like color scheme that pays homage to Orange county.

spacer.png

The Arizona Coyotes have a darker double red scheme and new logos with a Native feel to them.

spacer.png

The Calgary Flames have a simple cowboy inspired look as well as an alternate that celebrates the city of Calgary using its' crest.

spacer.png

The Edmonton Oilers have an industrial looking logo and rely more heavily on blue and white using orange as more of an accent color.

spacer.png

Really like them all, digging the creativity of the sets in the logos and the uniforms are pretty fresh looking as well. Only nitpick for me is the red through the middle of the Coyotes' alternate logo, I think it makes the wordmark a bit busy and doesn't let it pop as much as it could. Looking forward to the rest of the teams, think this series will be a great one.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Anaheim's colors are cool; better than any scheme they've had previously. That said I think the away could use more orange.

Arizona's logo is interesting and unique here. The neck is a bit too big IMO. I like the alternate jersey with the brick red primarily. The bottom of the Arizona map logo feels a bit disjointed.

Calgary looks awesome! My only idea is to rotate the logo so the horseshoe is italic rather than slanted.

Edmonton is cool. I like the inclusion of the gear. I'd rather see the orange as the primary with the striping edited to blue/orange/white/orange/blue.

Good work!

Loving the direction you took the Kings. A great combination of eras with the colours but, like the rest of the set, with a nice modern update. Usually not a fan of shoulder number logos but I think it works well here. Personally, I'd like to see an arm logo on the Home similar to the Away and Alt, not sure if the Primary would go there to match the others or the lion to match with the alternating Primary and Alternate logos. I also think the LA logo could work well on the Away, or switch the Lion in for the LA as the Primary with the LA going on the Alt, and I think moving the L to the left a little bit will help with spacing and clarity as the L, for me, just isn't as distinguished from the A as it could be. Still a great set and still super excited to see the rest.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Guest darkpiranha

All of these are rock-solid.  That said, I wonder if you could thicken the horseshoe on the flames, like maybe double.  It's the only part of that that feels a little weak, weight-wise, especially when shrunken down.  

On 8/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, JCRGraphix said:

Up next are the Los Angeles Kings. For their look, I used Forum Blue (purple), Gold, and Black. The two shiny glares on the crown are for the club's 2 Stanley Cup Championships.

spacer.png

The whole set so far has looked great.  My only comment is on the shiny glares on the crown - so if/when they win more, they're supposed to add more glare lines?

Cool stuff so far--I'd like to see larger versions of the logos.

You did do them larger?

I like the use of the Calgary flag on the Flames' alt--I've used that myself in the past--I find it works well for uniforms.

The only things I think I'd change are the Coyotes' away sleeves--the dark part of the upper sleep--I'd use the darker colour instead of the lighter red

& on the Ducks' alt I'd remove the "Anaheim"

but otherwise theses could all work, maybe with minor tweaks.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived