Brewers Logo Idea

frogger6

spacer.pngI finished putting this together a few weeks before the Brewers announced they were updating their ball and glove logo. 

It was kind of just for fun because I knew, despite being named "brewers" that they wouldnt embrace the alcohol theme. 

I based that on them removing the beer keg Bernie used to slide into.

Anyway, fast forward to now and they've renamed their minor league affiliate the Mico Brewers and their logo features a beer keg. 

so..I was wrong I guess. 

Just about all Brewer fans hated the Wendy Selig era MB logo. Besides that its linked to some bad teams, it's also just pretty ugly. 

The green next to the gold doesnt work.the cartoon green bats dont work...

-and why does the bat in bottom left disappear behind the diamond and the same bat comes out from behind the letters on top right??

I did my best to try to save the logo. Fans seem to prefer the powder blue days so I let that influence my color choices. Let me know what you think. 

Thanksspacer.pngspacer.png

What program did you use for that first Brewers logo? I'm trying to figure out why it looks so rough, but it's not so much rough as aged, like you ran it through a filter to make it look like it was printed in the 1960s.

rATMcmK.png

3 hours ago, Whittier S said:

What program did you use for that first Brewers logo? I'm trying to figure out why it looks so rough, but it's not so much rough as aged, like you ran it through a filter to make it look like it was printed in the 1960s.

Which one do you mean? the Beer mug logo?

Not bad, but they're a little too gradiented and complex to be a team's full-time primary logo.  I could see your beer mug being turned into a team medal or award.

7 hours ago, Whittier S said:

[Also, it's a shame the Micro Brewers name is just a short-term promotion, because it has to be one of the cleverest modern-era names I've heard.]

I've been saying forever that Wisconsin Micro Brews should be the new name of the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.

I love that the Carolina Mudcats did that promotion.  But I feel like the name would be much more appreciated where Brewers fans actually live.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, frogger6 said:

spacer.pngI finished putting this together a few weeks before the Brewers announced they were updating their ball and glove logo. 

It was kind of just for fun because I knew, despite being named "brewers" that they wouldnt embrace the alcohol theme. 

I based that on them removing the beer keg Bernie used to slide into.

Anyway, fast forward to now and they've renamed their minor league affiliate the Mico Brewers and their logo features a beer keg. 

so..I was wrong I guess. 

Way too much going on...letter over beer mugs over baseball and barley in a roundel with shadowed copperplate. 

Ugh. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived