Bordeaux Boxers logo rebrand (update)

Sidney

10 hours ago, Whittier S said:

Your presentation is so overdone with lens flare and distortion that it's hard to get a good look at what you're doing, specifically with the shading.

@Whittier SYh mb on that, I've followed a tuto from Frazer Davidson about how to not get your work stolen easily. You can find the logo below.

hNa1bgX.png

51 minutes ago, PowderedWater said:

I’ll be honest...I don’t like the word mark. It’s too far away from the dog head, and the font isn’t exciting.

That being said, I LOVE the goalie mask element. The biohazard symbol is very out of place, though.

Thanks for your feedback, The word mark isn't the best but I've tried to stay a close as possible to what they had. The biohazard symbol is the symbol of the city of Bordeaux, it's "Le chiffre de Bordeaux" the shield of the port composed by 3 moons.... LOL yh it's awkward.. What do you think I should try to het a better word mark?

hNa1bgX.png

a few things that originally stuck out to me:

1- VERY polished presentation and design. A lot of technical skill shown, and the body composition reads just right (in english. I don't know french :P ). An amazing job on the overall concept

2- That being said, I feel it works better as an illustration than a logo. For the Boxer in question, it feels like there are just too many colors and levels of shading going on for it to work as efficiently in smaller spaces. Adding those highlights is great for like, the front of the jersey, but a hat surely won't be able to effectively show the two white highlights in each eye. Cutting down on available colors and limiting highlights can sometimes further accentuate the primary design elements in the best way.

3-The grey on the boxer's snout needs to be lightened. the transitioning the extra shading creates makes it difficult at first glance to distinguish between the black and the grey.

4- something doesn't feel right with the ears. Everything else feels well thought out and works well together, but the ears feel very tacked on and almost seem like an afterthought. Try to re-tool them to work more into the design naturally.

5- echoing others, the font isn't my favorite thing, but it works

TL;DR Overall, great concept, presentation, and design. Just work on the ears and cut back on the frills.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:14 PM, Htown1141 said:

a few things that originally stuck out to me:

1- VERY polished presentation and design. A lot of technical skill shown, and the body composition reads just right (in english. I don't know french :P ). An amazing job on the overall concept

2- That being said, I feel it works better as an illustration than a logo. For the Boxer in question, it feels like there are just too many colors and levels of shading going on for it to work as efficiently in smaller spaces. Adding those highlights is great for like, the front of the jersey, but a hat surely won't be able to effectively show the two white highlights in each eye. Cutting down on available colors and limiting highlights can sometimes further accentuate the primary design elements in the best way.

3-The grey on the boxer's snout needs to be lightened. the transitioning the extra shading creates makes it difficult at first glance to distinguish between the black and the grey.

4- something doesn't feel right with the ears. Everything else feels well thought out and works well together, but the ears feel very tacked on and almost seem like an afterthought. Try to re-tool them to work more into the design naturally.

5- echoing others, the font isn't my favorite thing, but it works

TL;DR Overall, great concept, presentation, and design. Just work on the ears and cut back on the frills.

@Htown1141Here is my update I've redrawn the ears and made some changes.

ugle0SX.jpg

hNa1bgX.png

3 hours ago, Sidney said:

Here is the final version what you guys think? 

HzR7Ev1.jpg

HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!! much more dynamic and a better logo overall. Looks just as polished and a very strong mark. I'd say use the shading on the snout that you had in the first revision, so that its given as much depth as the mask and ears, and you've got a winner.

• 9 months later...

Archived