LA Wildcats Logo Concept

BigRed618

I know I speak for a lot of people when I say the Wildcats need an actual cat logo to go with their LA monogram, so I came up with a few concepts for one...

spacer.png

I had heard that the team was almost called the Wildfires, but the brass came to its senses just in the nick of time. I figured if I made a wildcat logo with some subtle fiery imagery mixed in, that would result in a more unique identity. I made two versions of a side-facing cat, and one front-facing one. Let me hear your thoughts.

The two side facing are nice but look too much like the NY Guardians logo.  Wouldn’t be as much of an issue if it wasn’t just an 8 team league at this point, but can’t have 2 of 8 being that similar, in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, mvk said:

The two side facing are nice but look too much like the NY Guardians logo.  Wouldn’t be as much of an issue if it wasn’t just an 8 team league at this point, but can’t have 2 of 8 being that similar, in my opinion.

By that logic, we can’t have a front-facing animal either because it would look too much like the Vipers. Like you said, though, this won’t be a problem later on if the league survives long enough to get some expansion teams in.

16 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

By that logic, we can’t have a front-facing animal either because it would look too much like the Vipers. Like you said, though, this won’t be a problem later on if the league survives long enough to get some expansion teams in.

The Vipers official logo is the V with fangs.  The side view wildcat with the lines and the mouth open looks very similar to the Guardians logo.  Again, in a 24+ team league it wouldn’t be a huge deal but branding in a 8 team league should be unique.  

On its own, it’s a well crafted logo, for sure.

1 hour ago, mvk said:

The Vipers official logo is the V with fangs.  The side view wildcat with the lines and the mouth open looks very similar to the Guardians logo.  Again, in a 24+ team league it wouldn’t be a huge deal but branding in a 8 team league should be unique.  

On its own, it’s a well crafted logo, for sure.

Ah I see where you’re coming from now. Anyway, I fixed up my cat some more...

spacer.png

As requested, I gave him more of a snout and moved his ears up a bit, so he’s less likely to be mistaken for a bird. Added some extra flame effects too.

Archived