MLB Uniform Tweaks and/or Designs

JMS493

Well, the Dodgers' uniform required very little editing. The only thing I did was make the road alternate that said "Dodgers" their only road jersey, and I also added some sleeve stripes to the home jersey. I also eliminated the "LA" sleeve logo, as to me it is redundant. 

spacer.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This offseason, the Padres made an improvement to their uniforms by changing their team colors from that navy blue and white color scheme that two other MLB teams already have, and switched to their old, unique color scheme of brown and yellow. While I like the new team colors in principle, I didn't like the jerseys that they actually unveiled. Brown in itself is a unique color in baseball, much less coupled with yellow. I really like the idea. What I deiced to do what to take some of the designs from a few years ago, and instead of using blue, using brown, then trimming out everything in yellow to complete the project.

spacer.png

The last uniform to present is the San Francisco Giants. While I love their cream-colored home jersey and their gray road jersey, their alternate jerseys to me have been disappointing. While I like the idea of an orange Giants jersey as a home alternate, I hate that ugly font that they have it in. I know it's supposed to be a throwback jersey, but the era that it is going back to isn't really significant in Giants history. Therefore, I decided to instead use the "Giants" script found on their home jersey, and just trim it in the cream color. As for the black jersey, I don't like how it lacks any of the cream color on it, and to me it is better as a road alternate. Therefore, I took the script and made it orange, and trimmed it out in the cream color, again. I also don't get why the Giants have a bit of metallic gold in their color scheme, as it isn't widely used, so it eliminated it from their color scheme for all the uniforms. 

spacer.png

On 5/4/2020 at 3:07 AM, JMS493 said:

The Athletics deserve kudos for having such a unique color scheme in baseball, currently being the only team that wears green as their primary color. While the hunter green that they have now is not bad, the Kelly green that they wore in the 1970s was simply a better-looking combo. Therefore, what I thought was best to do was to keep the basic design of their current uniforms, but instead replace it with the Kelly green, therefore connecting to both the championship teams of the early 1970s and the 1989 World Series team, too. As for the alternates, the "A's" logo was a fitting look for it, and a Kelly green jersey for both the home and road would suffice, just as it did in the early 1970s. Although I generally don't like it when teams have just a logo on a road jersey, due to the significance of the design in Athletics' history, I decided to let it slide here. Furthermore, there is a yellow alternate, however, this is a home-only one, and is also a callback to that era. In addition, Kelly green caps with a white "A's" logo, with a yellow brim is the standard for all the uniforms. spacer.png

No white spikes?

19 hours ago, JMS493 said:

@gimmickEh, I’m not crazy about the white cleats personally, but to me it isn’t something that makes or breaks the uniform either way. What do you think of the concept overall? 

I like the uniforms. I'm not a big fan of white spikes either, but the A's and white spikes go hand in hand at this point - not a deal breaker, though.

Archived