Roenicks plan to solve NHL problems

dwertman

You ever notice how the players, in any sport, always try to take away money from those who have no representation, the undrafted rookies. It's sort of job security for the aging.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

They should create a Professional Sports League Association. Have a Super Commish, put all the leagues under the same contract structure, and use profit sharing across the board. All gates, cocessions, and merchandise.

semperfi.gif

They should create a Professional Sports League Association. Have a Super Commish, put all the leagues under the same contract structure, and use profit sharing across the board. All gates, cocessions, and merchandise.

This is already done, it's called Communist China!

I hope this suggestion was tongue in cheek. It's a ridiculous premise from start to finish.

America was born on free enterprise, you can't envelope all sports and all leagues under one umbrella organization. They have enough trouble doing it with amateur athletics, the Olympic commitee and NCAA have as many problems as any of the pro major leagues (except labor strife and that's because both organizations athletes are nothing but slave labor).

I was on the train with a representative of the Flayers on a train yesterday (9/2) and he thinks that it will be in January when the NHL rersumes their season, just like 1995!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

They should create a Professional Sports League Association.  Have a Super Commish, put all the leagues under the same contract structure, and use profit sharing across the board.  All gates, cocessions, and merchandise.

This is already done, it's called Communist China!

I hope this suggestion was tongue in cheek. It's a ridiculous premise from start to finish.

America was born on free enterprise, you can't envelope all sports and all leagues under one umbrella organization. They have enough trouble doing it with amateur athletics, the Olympic commitee and NCAA have as many problems as any of the pro major leagues (except labor strife and that's because both organizations athletes are nothing but slave labor).

It was tongue in cheek sarcasm. I always forget those damn smiley's. I usually give people a little credit in discerning what is sarcasm and what is opinion. The smiley's kinda dimish the effect of the sarcasm if you have to tell everyone.

:D

semperfi.gif

How can you possibly say the NCAA and Olympic committee has slave labor! These athlete may not get a pay check, but they get a FULL ride through college. Tuition,Housing, Books, Food, Travel, Jobs at an OK college that amount to 20-30,000 a year. The academic student, whith qualification twice as good as athletes, would love to get even a quater of that slave wage.

Olympic athlete for the most part do well, they all survive on endorsement money, some making millions a year. The USOC and sponsors subsidises much of the training expense for these athletes. They also have athlete that live at olympic training facilities year round at no cost.

The NCAA does have labor strife. Look at all the kids who take a scholarship for 1 or 2 years and jumps to the pros. While that is there right when was the last time you heard of the slave using the massah for advancement.

BTW, no sarcam intended.

semperfi.gif

I like the first line, no one asked Jeromy Roenick. Roenick is part of the proplem with why hockey isn't as popular as it should be, all last he all he did was trash game, I'm no genuis it's hard for the game to go if it's players are trashing it. The funny thing about it he was complaining about the clutching and grabbing when his team clutched and grabbed the most. JR should just shut up because no one wants to hear him. The best thing abut his jaw being broke last year was he couldn't talk. :P

I like the first line, no one asked Jeromy Roenick. Roenick is part of the proplem with why hockey isn't as popular as it should be, all last he all he did was trash game, I'm no genuis it's hard for the game to go if it's players are trashing it. The funny thing about it he was complaining about the clutching and grabbing when his team clutched and grabbed the most. JR should just shut up because no one wants to hear him. The best thing abut his jaw being broke last year was he couldn't talk. :P

Yeah, I watch hockey to avoid guys like him.

How can you possibly say the NCAA and Olympic committee has slave labor?! These athlete may not get a pay check, but they get a FULL ride through college. Tuition, Housing, Books, Food, Travel, Jobs at an OK college that amount to 20-30,000 a year. The academic student, with qualification twice as good as athletes, would love to get even a quarter of that slave wage.

No doubt! I must agree with Caolina Joe when I say students like myself are the slaves, and the paid-for athletes are the "massas." Although it's far less common here in Canada, I can echo those sentiments, because it still occurs up here.

I just got my tuition notice in the mail today from the U of Sask and I found a substantially large number under "TOTAL." Covered by my tuition are items that include student union charges, an infrastructure fee, athletic, recreation and student services fees, health and dental plan costs and even an 80-cent world university services fee. Altogether, these surcharges total an extra $420, which to me is like a 10% tax just to go to school. To whom does that athletic fee go? Our intercollegiate sports squads, of course. That recreation fee? Well, that pays for the buildings in which those teams play. True, I could go to these buildings when they're not in use and play in them, but not without first paying for a semester pass which costs an arm and a leg.

Of course, not covered under my tuition are living expenses, supplies, and transportation costs. I live off-campus in an apartment a number of miles from the campus. Monthly rent charges are quite high for Saskatchewan. I must feed myself, too, so grocery costs are extra, as are the over-priced books I'm almost always forced to buy new every year. Then I can't sell them the next year because the university uses the next edition, making my book obsolete. Plus, to get to the U of S to attend my classes, I have to either pay for a buy a bus pass which drains close to $200 from my account EACH SEMESTER. When it's all said and done, my expenses exceed well over $10,000 a year, just so I can get a job to pay these free-riders who might move on to the pro ranks where I'll have to pay them again to entertain me. If that's not a raw deal, I don't know what is!

:blink:

Sorry to get off-topic there, but I needed to get that off my chest. So regarding Jeremy Roenick: He thinks he's Mr. Know-It-All who holds all the answers to all the NHL's questions when all he really holds is a small vocabulary and a exceptionally large mouth.

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

If he's such a Know-It-All how'd he get a $10,000 gambling debt?

you missed a zero, $100,00!

semperfi.gif

you missed a zero, $100,00!

So did you..... :D It's ok, I make plenty of typos.

:blush::oops:

semperfi.gif

Maybe he paid other not-so-know-it-allish people to make the picks for him?

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Why is it we only ever hear about the athletes that lose money? Don't any of these guys ever win?

semperfi.gif

Why is it we only ever hear about the athletes that lose money? Don't any of these guys ever win?

Well, a gambling addiction is gambling played out over a LONG period of time. And, using the mathmatical theory of averages and the house's advantage, you WILL loose money in the long run.

Interesting though, Roenick said the last time he bet was January...The end of football season. :P

Archived