Why do some people prefer college basketball and football over the NBA and NFL?

Reyes47

52 minutes ago, Reyes47 said:

I don’t understand how zanier equates to better. Would it be zany for the bengals to start a chimp at QB? Yes would that make it a quality product no.

First of all, the Bengals played a chimp at QB this past week. His name is Ryan Finley.

Zany is not better. Never said it was better. Zany is different and some people prefer the game that is more likely to produce weird moments. I said some people prefer college sports for the listed reasons, just one of them being that college sports tend to produce more weird moments than pro sports. You can't ask why people have a preference and then argue against their reasons when they're given. 

I just watched "High Fidelity" for the 30th time. Jack Black declares his coworker's taste is bulls*** and John Cusasck says - "how can it be bull**** to state a preference?". 

Like is there any other form of entertainment where you have this mentality?

Movies, music, food, art. Literally dozens of things. There's tons of examples where people prefer the "inferior" version of something for any given reason.  

And I disagree for pageantry and school pride. First off CFB has existed for about 50 more years than pro football. Is that really that massive of a difference?

yes there's a big difference. 

That’s not even mentioning newer schools. And from my experience the biggest ‘fans’ of college teams are either tee shirt fans or old alumni. This is especially bad for smaller colleges.

I don't even know what this means. 

Lastly spectacle can only get you so far and generally ages very poorly. Once again looking at movies would you say a michael bay movie is better than something like Ben Hurr or Shining because it has better special effects? It’s flash no substance 

All of this is subjective. I am 5 times more likely to watch a Michael Bay movie than Ben F****** Hurr. 100,000 people go to college football games and it's not solely because of the football. There's other reasons. 

Also this is kinda cherry picking. what about schools with bad sports cultures like Kansas football or Vanderbilt? You can’t just cherry pick good examples and say it applies for the whole thing

I didn't?

So like i already asked in this post is there any thing else, entertainment, food, drinks, antiques or anything else where you prefer something inferior over a superior product?

Yes. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived