NFL//NHL MASHUP SERIES... 2021

luisgiants40

I began to make this series in 2020, in the end of October. It's fun to make this mashups. The idea is creat 4 (most of the time) different football uniforms for NHL teams. The vast majority of the unis were based on real NHL uniforms (Home, Away, Throwback, RR etc....) and some of the unis are totally free creation (what the movie directors call "Poetic Liberty" . In the middel of creation a design a new idea comes to mind, and sometimes I made more than 3-4 differente concepts (mainly for Helmets).  Basically I work on my favorite High quality 3D Templates from Sports Templates, Web Pixum and Unimockups. I hope everyone have a good time with this series like me.... I already create Football Uniforms for 13 teams (close to 52 concepts) , and this series is still alive, and I'll try to make unis for all NHL teams..

spacer.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first two teams... are the current finalists Montreal Canadiens  and the Wrold Champions Tampa Bay Lightning

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

9 minutes ago, Tikillah said:

Wow I love all of them actually. 

Tbh I dislike the color rush on the nhl jersey but it thrown on a NFL helmet n jersey with the gradient it looks MEAN.

Well done!!

Thanks for the comment Tiki.... 

Les Canadiens uni set.... 2021

---------------------------------------------------------------/////-------------------------------//////------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------/////-------------------------------------------------------/////-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

--------------------------------------------------------/////----------------------------------------------------/////-----------------------------------------------------------------

Detroit Red Wings uni set...
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------/////----------------------------------------------------//////-------------------------------------------------------------------

======================================/////========================================/////===================================

Keep moving.. Nashville Predators uni  football concepts

===================================;;;;/////;;;;;;=========================================================

===================================;;;;/////;;;;;;=========================================================

New York Islanders football concepts.... 

========================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX===================================================

===========================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX=====================================================

The presentation of these is really great, but I think you need to take into consideration how small modern football sleeves really are. Many of these would not translate well to real life because of the amount of stuff you are putting on the sleeves. 

For example, look at the sleeves from earlier in Brian Urlacher's career.

Ranking the 100 best Bears players ever: No. 10, Brian Urlacher - Chicago  Tribune

Then look at how  the TV numbers were moved to the shoulders later on in his career. 

Brian Urlacher (@BUrlacher54) | Twitter

It looks a lot better in the second pic IMO because you can see the full sleeve stripes. I think you should do this with a lot of your concepts and it'll help them look less muddied. Looking forward to your next one!

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Tampa- I can't believe I'm saying this because I hate the Bolts (I'm a Panthers fan), but they all look great in a football form. I hate their alternate in the NHL, but it looks great as a color rush uniform

Canadiens- The blue should not be their main jersey; it should be the alternate or color rush. White and red look great. The red color rush is not working for me. I would make a white uniform that is more in line with their current white uniform and then move the white that you made that was modeled off their winter classic their color rush

Red Wings- I'm not a fan of the overlay of the logos on the red jersey. The white looks nice and the addition of silver works well here. I like what you did by taking the winter classic and making the off white the main color for the color rush great job

Preds- Everything looks great; especially that color rush

Islanders- again great job. I especially love that alternate with the fisherman elements in it

ZUH86xc.png

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

These all look fantastic. One thing I’m noticing is the striping inconsistencies when translating to the 3D model. I’d work on that, but otherwise doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

Thank you for your feedback DNAsports, yeah with the full uniform template is very difficult to make a perfect design, but the idea is there 🙂 This is the reason that I hate Vapor Flex Nike NF Jerseys. I love the uniforms from the 80 with long sleeves. This is the main reason that I'm including in every set, a PRO and Legend Jerseys for public, no ongame stuff. Anyone I'll try to make better designes on sleeves of full uniform models. 

49 minutes ago, johne9109 said:

Tampa- I can't believe I'm saying this because I hate the Bolts (I'm a Panthers fan), but they all look great in a football form. I hate their alternate in the NHL, but it looks great as a color rush uniform

Canadiens- The blue should not be their main jersey; it should be the alternate or color rush. White and red look great. The red color rush is not working for me. I would make a white uniform that is more in line with their current white uniform and then move the white that you made that was modeled off their winter classic their color rush

Red Wings- I'm not a fan of the overlay of the logos on the red jersey. The white looks nice and the addition of silver works well here. I like what you did by taking the winter classic and making the off white the main color for the color rush great job

Preds- Everything looks great; especially that color rush

Islanders- again great job. I especially love that alternate with the fisherman elements in it

Thanks for the comments JOhne, really help to future designs.. 

4 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

The presentation of these is really great, but I think you need to take into consideration how small modern football sleeves really are. Many of these would not translate well to real life because of the amount of stuff you are putting on the sleeves. 

For example, look at the sleeves from earlier in Brian Urlacher's career.

Ranking the 100 best Bears players ever: No. 10, Brian Urlacher - Chicago  Tribune

Then look at how  the TV numbers were moved to the shoulders later on in his career. 

Brian Urlacher (@BUrlacher54) | Twitter

It looks a lot better in the second pic IMO because you can see the full sleeve stripes. I think you should do this with a lot of your concepts and it'll help them look less muddied. Looking forward to your next one!

Thanks man for your appointments. Like I sad in DNA answer, I hate the Nike VaporFlex jersey, but I'll try to make a better job on sleeves, but we need to considerate, that in that mockup that show the full uniform, the player was moving, it's impossible to make the same design in comparison with the static Model.. 

Thanks again Griffin... 

23 minutes ago, luisgiants40 said:

Thanks man for your appointments. Like I sad in DNA answer, I hate the Nike VaporFlex jersey, but I'll try to make a better job on sleeves, but we need to considerate, that in that mockup that show the full uniform, the player was moving, it's impossible to make the same design in comparison with the static Model.. 

Thanks again Griffin... 

On the first photo of Urlarcher that you sent, We can see what I'm talking about, with model of a player "in motion", there's is no way to show every stripe on the sleeves.. The arm is moving back and up, this changes the format of the sleeve.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS 4 UNI CONCEPTS i made a tons of helmets for these uniforms🤣spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

=======================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX==================================================

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

=======================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX=======================================================

==========================================XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx==================================================

Archived