NFL//NHL MASHUP SERIES... 2021

luisgiants40

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, luisgiants40 said:

The first one for the Senators.. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

These look really good overall. However (you knew it was coming!)

Again I will preface, these are just my own personal preferences.

- Drop the chest logo (just clutters up the jersey)

- Add the S logo to the sleeves (IMO, one of the best secondary logos in NHL history)

- Drop the gray pants (you already have black, red, white, gold - this isn't Toronto or Detroit. PLENTY of colours to pick from/work with already)

36 minutes ago, luisgiants40 said:

The second one for Senators. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I say this with great respect - you're a better designer than this. I think if you really wanted to go with the stripes, something like what Northwestern did would be a vast improvement than trying to translate a mid-chest stripe to the upper chest/shoulders. 

I also don't feel the mish-mash of styles works as well - this is from the Senators' 'Heritage' jersey collection while the (leaves?) fit the more Roman-esque version. It does not feel cohesive to me. 

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Its weird, I actually think the Capitals striping pattern brought in by reebok works better on a football jersey than it does on a hockey one.

Agreed - it actually has a Falcons-esque look to it but I actually like this better than what Atlanta did. 

Other than the chest patch/sleeve numbers, my favourite set in this series is the LA Kings. Translates really well. 

Archived