Afrobasket 2021 - Group B

sawakita33

I was watching the Olympics and noticed how some teams (FranceArgentina) have their countries' flag designs on their jerseys. It's a good idea but Nike should push it even more. I'm sure you hate the generic templates used by outfitters in international competitions as well. I was browsing on Instragram and just so happened to see the recently concluded Afrobasket and decided to whip up designs for the 16 teams.

Let's start with Group A - Rwanda, Congo DR, Angola, and Cape Verde.

Rwanda wears yellow home and blue away and actually had cool uniforms before switching to generic ones this year. I replaced the chest/shoulder design with their actual flag and colors, and used the sun symbol on their shorts. Sky blue, royal blue, yellow, and dark green on a jersey - now that's a unique color combination! 

Gqzbvrm.jpeg

I really like the designs so far - all very clean and all very representative of the nation, which is what you want for a national team. I've got one suggestion though - on the Angola white, what about bringing a black stripe down from the red yoke and making it like the Wizards' shoulder stripes?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 12:00 AM, Edubdesign said:

I really like the designs so far - all very clean and all very representative of the nation, which is what you want for a national team. I've got one suggestion though - on the Angola white, what about bringing a black stripe down from the red yoke and making it like the Wizards' shoulder stripes?

Thanks for the comment! I'm trying to preserve the structure of the flag so I can't apply it on Angola. But maybe I can on another team.. 😉

Up next is Group B - Tunisia, Central African Republic, Egypt and Guinea.

• sawakita33 changed the title to Afrobasket 2021 - Group B

Egypt wears white and red. I really like the wordmark font they've used before (I guess it looks ancient to me) so I used it on my concept. I placed the flag stripes on the chest, similar to what Argentina used to do and added the cool eagle logo on the shorts. The gold numbers on the chest seem a little forced but I'm happy with them having a unique design. 

@Edubdesign This is where I think your comment can be applied. Although it's not the same as the Wizard's, I think the feel of it is. 

NBI4dyD.jpeg

**I'm postponing posting the 4th Group B team Guinea 🇬🇳 as I am having a hard time creating a design for them and their mirror image Mali 🇲🇱😅

Love to see some FIBA Basketball around. This isn't probably the most visual inspired series, but is certainly very "wearable". I could see any one in a store easily. Could I suggest you to try being a little bolder with Guinea and Mali, maybe using the different mascots? For Mali, it's an Eagle, while for Guinea it's an Elephant.

Love these so far. It might look funky but have you tried the solid red stripe down the middle of Central African Republic? If done right it could be reminiscent of an Ajax or PSG jersey or something like that.

Also the template you are using is the cleanest I've seen for a basketball concept. Can I ask where you got it or if you have a file you could share for it?

Archived