Mount Penn Fighting Scots Logo

Shmee

The team name is obviously based off of Notre Dame's athletics, but is also a nod to the great histosry of the Scots-Irish (who were not Irish at all) in Pennsylvania's colonial times. I wanted a design that's bold and respectable, yet classic looking and simple. I think I accomplished that. As always, comments and critiques are not only welcomed, but desired. For those that don't know, that's the Scottish flag in the logo. The sword is just a sword. ^_^

mplogo.gif

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Nice use of the Saltire! I really like the look of the sword, but you may want to go with a design more like a Claymore (the traditional scots highland weapon). A thin border (white maybe?) around the letting would look cool too. All said, very nice work.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I'm going to give this its first and only bump. If it falls off the first page again I'll forget about it, but, for now, I'd be interested in getting as much feedback on the design as possible.

Thanks to cashcleaner for the helpful words.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

i was gonna say the same thing. i think for a fighting scots logo it should utilize a claymore a la william wallace. other than that, awesome job.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't know about the Lion Rampant (Royal Banner) as the back ground though. I see where you're coming from in terms of the cultural touch, but the Lion Rampant is becoming less and less visible in Scotland now, it's just bascially getting replaced with the Saltire altogether as the Scots receive more politcal independence. I'd say try the Lion Rampant if you want, but I think the Saltire would look a bit more modern and sleek. Although, that said, the new SFA logo has both a Lion Rampant design and Saltire as shown below:

badge.gif

Gee, I hope that link worked. *phew* It did.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

Archived