MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets City Connect)

MJD7

4 hours ago, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

The Cleveland Sleeveless is nice.  I was expecting Arizona or Florida/Miami to get the Suns Out Guns Out treatment considering they did win the World Series with sleeveless shirts in their rotation and go back to 1948  for Cleveland (and it would be amazing if you did), but I do like the sleeveless look for the Guardians.

The Columbine Rockies Jersey is wonderful.

Thanks! I thought about going with the sleeveless design for Arizona, I just felt the sleeve pattern on the alternates was more interesting and unique to them.

You might be onto something with Miami, though, stay tuned.

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Houston Astros Cooperstown Collection 11/30)
19 hours ago, coco1997 said:

I love that Rockies fauxback. Makes me wish the other three ‘90s expansion teams had fauxback alts like the Rays. 

That's an interesting idea! I might have to try my hand at the Marlins and Diamondbacks too.

7 hours ago, Yee Yee Go 'Stros! said:

Should be the regular alternate uniform. 

As I conceived it, it basically would be a regular alternate. It'd hypothetically be worn about as often as the City Connects are in real life.

• Like 1

Kansas City Royals Cooperstown Collection

This jersey is inspired by the Kansas City Monarchs, who over the course of their history featured legendary players such as Jackie Robinson, Satchel Paige, and Ernie Banks.

TyXYf1m.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Kansas City Royals Cooperstown Collection 12/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Los Angeles Angels Cooperstown Collection 13/30)
On 8/3/2022 at 5:00 PM, MJD7 said:

Baltimore Orioles Cooperstown Collection

Although the jersey itself might look a little plain, when paired with black pants and orange-and-black alternating stripes on the socks, like the original Baltimore Orioles (who became the Yankees) did in 1901, it makes for a unique look.

cJununL.png

Technically the 1901 Orioles were not the originals. There wasn’t unbroken continuity between them and the 1890s powerhouses. Also, I think there was a lesser-known Orioles team before the 1890s one? The history of MLB team names is weird and wonderful. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 3:16 PM, MJD7 said:

Miami Marlins City Connect

Since the Cubs got the Marlins’ original red design, I couldn’t help but go with a basic South Beach neon lights theme here.

GI7n0iP.png

This is what their actual (regular alt) black jersey should look like, if they insist on using black script and numbers on it. I feel like this is a much, much, MUCH better and cleaner version of what they were going for when they slapped it together. 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 10:34 PM, MCM0313 said:

Technically the 1901 Orioles were not the originals. There wasn’t unbroken continuity between them and the 1890s powerhouses. Also, I think there was a lesser-known Orioles team before the 1890s one? The history of MLB team names is weird and wonderful. 

You're probably right, "original" might have been a mistake in word usage. I just based it off of the Hall of Fame's uniform database, which I didn't realize didn't show any uniforms before 1900.

On 8/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, MCM0313 said:

This is what their actual (regular alt) black jersey should look like, if they insist on using black script and numbers on it. I feel like this is a much, much, MUCH better and cleaner version of what they were going for when they slapped it together. 

Thanks! This would be a good time to mention that I updated the wordmark & sleeve logo for the Marlins City jersey to look even more like neon lights.

• Like 1

• MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Los Angeles Dodgers Cooperstown Collection 14/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Miami Marlins Cooperstown Collection 15/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Milwaukee Brewers Cooperstown Collection 16/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (Minnesota Twins Cooperstown Collection 17/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Mets Cooperstown Collection 18/30)
  • MJD7 changed the title to MLB x NIKE Refresh (New York Yankees Cooperstown Collection 19/30)