On 7/25/2022 at 1:46 AM, VampyrRabbitDesign said:

Thanks! Strictly speaking, the C is actually over the G for the cap, helmet and stirrup logo. I did an off white version of the alt and it does look good in cream.

Cheers! I did want to use the Knuckleball G and the Guardians Script, but they didn't mesh well with the C/G. Not a big fan of the new Cleveland script or the cap logo, but I do like the Guardians wordmark and the Knuckleball G, which is a really nice piece of design.

I'll probably do a set with the real life wordmarks sometime except with the Edgewater Park sign (the Cavs can share) in place of the Cleveland Script, because they are pretty nice.

So, moving on to Denver, we have the Rockies. I'm not a fan in the slightest of the current look the Rockies have with its not particulary pleasant colour scheme and oh boy, do they have the most dated set of logos in the league. So I decided a rebrand, with all new logos and script, with only the violet pins kept.

0e279626f97005dd170e6e87ce3ac5982c6b31f9

46d406281c113236be1b7bad3a61a07208a1a96b

The pins are kept, but are joined with violet sleeves with two stripes in two shades of gold (or Colorado gold and Denver omelette), with matching stirrups. The font used for the script, shoulder logo and the CR logo is Sacred Bridge and the one used for the names and numbers is Barbaro. On the inside of the baselayer can be fond "Colorful Colorado" in many different colours.

39c4c953da08eac5d679dffd7f09f3da07888c17

46ac15b92746f0b28a4cc3fe495ed3caf1a72180

The alternate home jersey goes all in on the violet and gold combo, while the road alternate uses a light shade of blue, inspired by the Columbine, the state flower of Colorado. Only the Colorado sand is used for the uniform, as Denver omelette does not go well with light blue.

Thats the Rockies. The next destination is the Motor City!

C+C would be cool.

I love this, to be honest I have never been a fan of the Rockies purple and their entire color scheme. Same with the logo, just feels so tacky and out dated. I love what you did with the font and bringing in the elements of the mountains into the jersey. I've thought the Rockies would look great with a Colorado "C" logo on the hat that is on the flag, but I've seen a lot of people who aren't fans of the idea because they would look to similar to the Cubs, which is fair. I've also thought the Rockies could ditch this color scheme entirely and go with the Flag colors, or Colors like the ones the Avs and Rapids wear, but again I feel like a lot of people hate this idea. 

With that being said I love what you did with these colors, changing the purple slightly and brining in gold is something really new and striking, and much more interesting than what they currently have. 

Great work!

On 2022-08-19 at 8:39 PM, KG_grfx said:

I love this, to be honest I have never been a fan of the Rockies purple and their entire color scheme. Same with the logo, just feels so tacky and out dated. I love what you did with the font and bringing in the elements of the mountains into the jersey. I've thought the Rockies would look great with a Colorado "C" logo on the hat that is on the flag, but I've seen a lot of people who aren't fans of the idea because they would look to similar to the Cubs, which is fair. I've also thought the Rockies could ditch this color scheme entirely and go with the Flag colors, or Colors like the ones the Avs and Rapids wear, but again I feel like a lot of people hate this idea. 

With that being said I love what you did with these colors, changing the purple slightly and brining in gold is something really new and striking, and much more interesting than what they currently have. 

Great work!

Thanks! The purple I was always going to keep, the problem the Rockies have isn't with that colour, it's that they have wordmarks that are stuck in the 1990s and have gone stale, and the black and silver together don't work that well with the purple. They should keep the purple (as mentioned in America the Beautiful), but pair it either with gold or with columbine, those colours bring out the best in violet.

As for this series, I've decided to start again with a new template which I'm currently in the process of mocking up. I've just grown tired of the one used here, and felt that it's dated,  been holding my designs back and that I can make a better one to do my designs justice. I'll have it finished shortly then start a new series with a new template that will have shoes too.

Thanks for all the comments, I'll take them into account and when the new thread is started, you'll see the designs based on your recommendations.

• Like 2

• VampyrRabbit changed the title to Major League Baseball designs.