NHL League logo concept

gojetsgo

I thought about red white and blue like the other leagues but I think the NHL should stay unique from those leagues. Plus it will be too much like the logos of the NHLPA, AHL , etc.

And do we really need to Americanize a Canadian sport? Yes I'm aware that 95 percent of the teams are in the U.S. but we dont have to give the league logo the Uncle Sam makeover.

Technically, only 80% of NHL teams are based in the United States. It's not like it's a complete sweep like you're suggesting.

Hyperbole? Sure but 24 out of 30 is still a pretty overwhelming majority. I just don't want to see more red white and blue where it doesn't belong. :flagcanada:

Well Pardon.

I didn't mean to start the North American War..

Seriously though, How about red and white? I know the NHL wants black/orange..but unless it's halloween..just do without it.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

phillyfan36 on Friday, September 10th, 2004 - 21:35:11

I agree that Canada deserves more teams - Yes, coming from an American.

The way I see it, us Americans and you Canadians are like brothers. 

:flagusa::flagcanada: 

Amen, brother.

HibsSignature.gif

Thanks go to Eddie010 for the Signature and Avatar. Nice work, mate!

I can agree with the red and white concept with the NHL shield as it is. I do not believe that the NHL logo should be retooled. Maybe a simple color change would not be so bad, but a total change would be like spitting in the face of all the greats that have brought us to where we are today in hockey. "F" the CBA. We need to think about what got hockey to where it is today. The people who love the game and the history. Not how much the league made last year. It's about the people growing up wishing they could be the next Gretzky, not the next Trump. Don't change what you are because what other people think you should be. I love this game because I grew up with it. it I wouldn't change my parents names because wan't up to date. One of the best resons to keep the logo the way it is is because every other league thinks they have to change they're logo to keep up with the times. Times don't change when your game is timeless.

Archived