infrared41's Best, Worst, and WTF? - NFL Week Five - 2022

The setup.

• There are no hard, fast rules. There is no formula. The lists are based solely on which games I think looked the best and which games I think looked the worst each week. A team that made the worst list one week could end up on the best list the following week and vice versa. (Looking at you Seattle and Buffalo)
  • In my humble opinion,  "a good color match up" does not necessarily  make for a good uniform match up. That said, there will be weeks when I'll put a game on the best list because I liked the color match up.
  • I don't care about socks. (except when I do)  Do I wish teams would always go with the best sock for the uniform? Of course, but socks are not something I get too worked up about. (except when I do)
  • As always, your opinion (including the idea that nice colors make for a good match up) may differ from mine and that's perfectly fine. All I ask is that we keep the conversation civil. 

Adding a new list this week. The "What the :censored:?" list will feature games in which a team's choice of uniform ruined what should have been a great looking a game. The "What the :censored: ?" list will only be used when necessary. Let's put 60 seconds on the clock and play our game.

BEST

1. Raiders - Chiefs: This is about as good as it gets. Two of the very best looks in the league. The Raiders road set is in my top five road uniforms. Props to the Chiefs for resisting the urge to go with their Heinz Ketchup bottle look because they were on in prime time or whatever their dumbassed reasoning is for wearing those all red abominations. Every game should look this good.

HQP4JaC.jpg

2. Giants - Packers: Two more of the very best looks in the league. Any other week and this one is #1. They'll have to settle for the #2 slot this week. Never change, guys. Every game should look this good.

ktUdGRC.jpg

3. Lions - Patriots: I forgot how much I like the Pat Patriot throwbacks. I'll admit that nostalgia plays a role in why I like them so much, but it's also a really cool uniform. And it's still better than any Patriots uniforms that came after it. Yeah, I said it and I stand by it. Sue me. 😎 Kudos to the Lions for wearing the gray pants. They're still a few tweaks (or a move back to the Sanders era uniforms) from being great, but it's still a pretty solid look.

0Eyqpp8.jpg

4. Cowboys - Rams: The Rams have exactly one good looking combo and this is it. The bananas helmet is still stupid, but a match up against the Cowboys in blue is enough to overcome it. Enjoy your week on the best list, Rams. I doubt you'll be seeing too many more.

1BbavqJ.jpg

5. Bears - Vikings: I know I said I don't care about socks, but can someone tell the Vikings that enough is enough with the white socks? It looks ridiculous and it's ruining what is an already fading uniform.

VZByI28.jpg

WHAT THE :censored:?

1. Steelers - Bills: If the Bills wear white pants, this game is a shoo-in for the best list. Instead, we got this. Seriously, what the :censored:, Bills? No one with even a modicum of good taste thinks that monochrome blue nightmare looks good. Never change, Steelers.

Uhb2hA9.jpg

2. Chargers - Browns: Leave it to the Browns to ruin what should have been a good looking game. The Chargers need to wear the gold pants with the white jerseys. The Browns need to take that color rush set, throw it in the Cuyahoga River, and set it (and the river too, probably) on fire.

kQzAbHg.jpg

3. Dolphins - Jets: The one time the Dolphins don't look entirely ridiculous, (mostly, but not entirely) the Jets decide it's time to wear the black pants that have no business being a part of an already terrible uniform. Not that any of the Jets combos could have saved this, but what the :censored: were they thinking with the black pants?

0ta71lW.jpg

WORST

1. Eagles - Cardinals: "Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2022 discount Walmart brand Arizona Falcons!!!" I guess the Eagles didn't want to let the discount Arizona Falcons have all the ugly assed fun. Good lord, what a disaster.

Z2YNlZO.jpg

2. Bengals - Ravens: The Spinal Tap Smell the Glove album cover game. (Look it up)  The Bengals look like a highway construction site. The Ravens look even worse.

O8ypwfF.jpg

That's it for this week. Thanks for taking a look. Maybe Minnesota will get back to us on the sock thing before next week.

• Like 8

BB52Big.jpg

• infrared41 changed the title to infrared41's Best, Worst, and WTF? - NFL Week Five - 2022
On 10/12/2022 at 12:18 AM, infrared41 said:

2. Bengals - Ravens: The Spinal Tap Smell the Glove album cover game. (Look it up)  The Bengals look like a highway construction site. The Ravens look even worse.

Or the original cover for Is This It...if you think about it.

rAUPGPZ.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 12:18 AM, infrared41 said:

1. Eagles - Cardinals: "Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2022 discount Walmart brand Arizona Falcons!!!" I guess the Eagles didn't want to let the discount Arizona Falcons have all the ugly assed fun. Good lord, what a disaster.

Z2YNlZO.jpg

You're being very generous here.  This one could have gotten the "What The :censored:", or even the Foghorn Leghorn "What The... I Say What the :censored:ing :censored:?"

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."