2023 Major League Rugby Season

kiwi_canadian

The league just announced it's schedule and new kits will soon follow. Before that though, the league announced plans to expand to Chicago and they have announced their name.

The Chicago Hounds:

3f3d8I84_400x400.png

Nice to see some green in the league now as well.

Before all of this though, the league did contract by 2 teams, losing the Los Angeles Giltinis and the Austin Gilgronis. They were found to be in numerous financial breaches and were suspended from last year's playoffs.

Once the new kits are released, I'll post them. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwi_canadian said:

The league just announced it's schedule and new kits will soon follow. Before that though, the league announced plans to expand to Chicago and they have announced their name.

The Chicago Hounds:

3f3d8I84_400x400.png

Before all of this though, the league did contract by 2 teams, losing the Los Angeles Giltinis and the Austin Gilgronis. They were found to be in numerous financial breaches and were suspended from last year's playoffs.

So is this the Rugby Union calling itself a league or a new Rugby League venture?

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

1 minute ago, tigers said:

So is this the Rugby Union calling itself a league or a new Rugby League venture?

Yes. 

There is a North America Rugby League in which the Toronto Wolfpack have transferred to but they are just trying to get off the ground and haven't really got established yet.

5 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Yes. 

There is a North America Rugby League in which the Toronto Wolfpack have transferred to but they are just trying to get off the ground and haven't really got established yet.

Oh ok.
Why did Rugby Union call itself League then?

I wondered where the Wolfpack went, there was talk of an Ottawa side in ESL also.
It's been good to see the French teams do ok, well until Toulouse went down.

4 minutes ago, tigers said:

Oh ok.

I wondered where the Wolfpack went, there was talk of an Ottawa side in ESL also.

They were the Ottawa Aces but they didn't come to fruition and were relocated to England and became Cornwall R.L.F.C and play in RFL League 1.

54 minutes ago, kiwi_canadian said:

They were the Ottawa Aces but they didn't come to fruition and were relocated to England and became Cornwall R.L.F.C and play in RFL League 1.

Ok, i'll take another look at the ESL.

I like to follow the odd teams like them and the Warriors in the NRL and Catalans in the ESL.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:07 PM, kiwi_canadian said:

The Chicago Hounds:

3f3d8I84_400x400.png

The Hound's brand looks nice. Green and light blue together isn't used enough in sports, so it's nice to see that color scheme make an appearance here.

As for the Giltinis and Gilgronis, I don't really watch rugby, but seeing those names told me all I needed to know about how well those franchises were run. You can't tell me the owner took these teams seriously, naming them after a combination of his last name and a cocktail. That's way too weird, even for minor league baseball, and they have Rumble Ponies and Vibes in their lineup. Good riddance.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I'm not sure if Chicago's owner's did their brand research or maybe it's a sense of city pride, but the Hounds name has been used in different sports leagues.

A quick Google search shows there's currently a team in the Chicago Metro Baseball Association called the Chicago Hounds.

Also, there used to be a hockey team called the Chicago Hounds.

On 2022-11-17 at 4:01 PM, tigers said:

Oh ok.

honestly? I think it's because english speaking north america is used to having the word league in their competitions.

National Hockey League, National Football League, Major League Baseball, Major Least soccer etc. 

Chose to align with NA conventions rather than be accurate to the sport with Major League Rugby.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• 2 weeks later...

The first of the kit reveals for the upcoming season. The Seattle Seawolves have released their home and away kits. Away kit stays the same but the home kit has changed:

Fi_vghraUAAq13W?format=jpg&name=smallFi_vghlaAAA3xKt?format=jpg&name=small

They have dropped the dark/navy blue in favour of black for the home kit. Not a fan of dropping the blue. I think the home kit would be okay if they changed the black to the dark blue.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 7:11 AM, kiwi_canadian said:

The first of the kit reveals for the upcoming season. The Seattle Seawolves have released their home and away kits. Away kit stays the same but the home kit has changed:

Fi_vghraUAAq13W?format=jpg&name=smallFi_vghlaAAA3xKt?format=jpg&name=small

They have dropped the dark/navy blue in favour of black for the home kit. Not a fan of dropping the blue. I think the home kit would be okay if they changed the black to the dark blue.

Yeah it's not a great idea, even dark forest green would have been a better option than BFBS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Rugby New York has changed their name... again. 

Rugby United New York --> Rugby New York --> Rugby New York Ironworkers

I don't know the backstory or the significance of the change of name to that area but for me Rugby New York should of just become New York Rugby UNION.

6 hours ago, kiwi_canadian said:

Rugby New York Ironworkers new kit:

Fj4JFfKWQAE9uXy?format=jpg&name=large

At least their kits are better than the name.
The logo on the kits are different to the one posted above in black and white and looks better.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...