Reverse Retro Refresh (What would happen in 2024 if Adidas stuck around)

CaptainBuzKill

Hello all, I recently spent a couple of weeks on NHLUniforms and here and wanted to try my hand at a Reverse Retro jersey for every team. This is what I came up with. I hope you all enjoy!

COLORADO AVALANCHE

tm8X4U3.jpeg

An away version of their 2001/2009 Alternate sweaters. I know this would make all three of their Reverse Retro jerseys a white sweater, but they look cleaner than their normal white jerseys imo.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

c7uO7dC.jpeg

Essentially a color flipped version of their current road jerseys, ala Edmonton in 2020. Marked it as the 1961 edition since it was the first season this design was worn.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

UvbMCN8.jpeg0

An out of the box take on this one, taking the colors from the mascot logo from their inaugural season, and applying them to the original white jersey. They never used the logo for jerseys and I thought it would be fun to see what it would look like.

ST. LOUIS BLUES

88y5Mk9.jpeg

They really should bring back their alternate from 2008. Alot of people loved it, especially the logo. I wondered what a white version would look like. Might as well throw it into this series.

BOSTON BRUINS

qRlmDdv.jpeg

In 1940, the Bruins had white sweaters with numbers on the front and Bs on the sleeves, and some very bland black jerseys with a wordmark. I combined the two!

MONTREAL CANADIENS

YXL6hWU.jpeg

1935 White jerseys remixed with their main red color. Their red jerseys have had the center stripe for almost every jersey, I wondered what it looked like without that. This is the result.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

F7lbKFY.jpeg

THE V JERSEY! With modern colors. Had to do it to em. 1978 version.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS

v3LgFMR.jpeg

Blue version of the 74 "heritage" jersey.

ARIZONA COYOTES

CzkX7Kk.jpeg

When the Coyotes first moved away from the Kachina jersey, they unveiled a very basic maroon and white jersey... With the RETURN of the Kachina a few years ago, why not mix the two? Kachina styled and desert colored stripes with the maroon jersey.  03.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

qGOOSMK.jpeg

Black version of their original 92 red jerseys.

Anaheim Ducks

41P5FLv.jpeg

The Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007, one season after they dropped Disney as owners and changed to a black, orange, and gold color schemed. Why not honor their Cup win while acknowledging their history before?

CALGARY FLAMES

9QqlzWH.jpeg

They made a red jersey for their Heritage Classic in 2011, so why not flip it? ...IDK why it says 21 in the collar, please ignore.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

GAPRj9f.jpeg

In 2002, the Flyers changed their logo for their jersey for the first time ever. The 3D chrome logo was much maligned when they debuted... make it black and send it back out there.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

bSMhUo0.jpeg

in 1968, a Vegas hockey team played ONE GAME... They were the Vegas Gamblers. Very basic purple and yellow jerseys with simple striping... But a very cool GAMBLERS logo in front of playing cards. Switching it to Golden Knight Flair wasn't too difficult. Added the gold flake to the stripes and added some card icons around it.

CAROLINA HURRICANES

9qNugyn.jpeg

Their original 2008 black alternates, now in grey, along with their new alternate logo. Added a triangle behind it like the original logo had.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

9Xratff.jpeg

When the Islanders brought back the Fisherman jerseys this year, alot of people were disappointed with the lack of teal. To try and make good, I re-added the teal, but took out the grey bits of the white jersey. I hope this 1995 version is more appreciated haha.

WINNIPEG JETS

aAfKefv.jpeg

Their original jerseys from 1979, now in red! Not much else to say!

LOS ANGELES KINGS

8KmPHCb.jpeg

Their 1998 home jerseys, swapped to grey. They've had some grey jerseys recently, what would they have looked like with an older grey jersey? not too bad!

SEATTLE KRAKEN

SCQ3XCP.jpeg

The jersey I think everyone expected when they announced the RR was coming back... but didn't get. Based off the Seattle Metropolitans of 1921.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

9C3TB7p.jpeg

Decided to make a black alternate out of their 2008 Blue alternate. Different template back then, but I wanted to incorporate the unique underarm mesh striping somehow in the main design. Opted to put them on the underside of the arm stripes.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Hls42il.jpeg

Based on their 1927 Winter Classic jersey from 2014, but white.

EDMONTON OILERS

RLvh6YW.jpeg

This is the point I realize I did ALOT of 2000s jerseys... AT ANY RATE... Oilers wanted to add bronze to their jerseys... for some reason... But I just thought I'd bring them back.

FLORIDA PANTHERS

oZ5Z1Ow.jpeg

Based on their original 1993 away, but REVERSING the colors.... obviously...

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

cMeUqbU.jpeg

FULL ON ROBO PENGUIN... Complete with full grey jerseys.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

CLQ5ery.jpeg

Hey look, another 2000s alternate. I was confused as to why the checkerboard pattern was there, as I was slacking in my research... So I decided to go with guitar and bass necks/frets, but in yellow instead of blue. If anyone would like to see a yellow checkerboard pattern, let me know.

NEW YORK RANGERS

axOQw84.jpeg

Decided to go with a blue version of their white sweaters.

DETROIT RED WINGS

XEZFEF7.jpeg

Took their 2014 Winter Classic as well as I think its one of the best Winter Classic jerseys out there.

BUFFALO SABRES

5kPVhNj.jpeg

BUFFASLUG... in modern/original colors.

OTTAWA SENATORS

VJzGE2I.jpeg

They apparently never had a red version of the methhead Sen... So I did it. Since its REVERSE retro.... I also reversed the arrow things...

SAN JOSE SHARKS

VvUFcCx.jpeg

I believe the Sharks got rid of their Stealth Black jerseys with their new rebrand... so its a perfect time to actually bring these into rotation.

DALLAS STARS

hFlVfdW.jpeg

MOOTERUS but current colors. 'nuff said.

MINNESOTA WILD

LkgbyVM.jpeg

They haven't had a red jersey in quite a while, so it made sense to make a Reverse Retro in red. Had to go their original home jersey too.

That's all of them! I hope you like them. Leave a comment below with what you like and don't like! Maybe I'll make some tweaks!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Overload of concepts but damn good ones! I love the Bruins and the Coyotes is a very interesting one. The Goldenknights looks really posh too. Keep up the great work - I would be very interested in see previous renditions you made. 

Deyr fé, deyja frændr, deyr sjálfr it sama; en orðstír deyr aldregi hveim er sér góðan getr.

6 hours ago, CaptainBuzKill said:

Hello all, I recently spent a couple of weeks on NHLUniforms and here and wanted to try my hand at a Reverse Retro jersey for every team. This is what I came up with. I hope you all enjoy!

COLORADO AVALANCHE

tm8X4U3.jpeg

An away version of their 2001/2009 Alternate sweaters. I know this would make all three of their Reverse Retro jerseys a white sweater, but they look cleaner than their normal white jerseys imo.

CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

c7uO7dC.jpeg

Essentially a color flipped version of their current road jerseys, ala Edmonton in 2020. Marked it as the 1961 edition since it was the first season this design was worn.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

UvbMCN8.jpeg0

An out of the box take on this one, taking the colors from the mascot logo from their inaugural season, and applying them to the original white jersey. They never used the logo for jerseys and I thought it would be fun to see what it would look like.

ST. LOUIS BLUES

88y5Mk9.jpeg

They really should bring back their alternate from 2008. Alot of people loved it, especially the logo. I wondered what a white version would look like. Might as well throw it into this series.

BOSTON BRUINS

qRlmDdv.jpeg

In 1940, the Bruins had white sweaters with numbers on the front and Bs on the sleeves, and some very bland black jerseys with a wordmark. I combined the two!

MONTREAL CANADIENS

YXL6hWU.jpeg

1935 White jerseys remixed with their main red color. Their red jerseys have had the center stripe for almost every jersey, I wondered what it looked like without that. This is the result.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS

F7lbKFY.jpeg

THE V JERSEY! With modern colors. Had to do it to em. 1978 version.

WASHINGTON CAPITALS

v3LgFMR.jpeg

Blue version of the 74 "heritage" jersey.

ARIZONA COYOTES

CzkX7Kk.jpeg

When the Coyotes first moved away from the Kachina jersey, they unveiled a very basic maroon and white jersey... With the RETURN of the Kachina a few years ago, why not mix the two? Kachina styled and desert colored stripes with the maroon jersey.  03.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS

qGOOSMK.jpeg

Black version of their original 92 red jerseys.

Anaheim Ducks

41P5FLv.jpeg

The Ducks won the Stanley Cup in 2007, one season after they dropped Disney as owners and changed to a black, orange, and gold color schemed. Why not honor their Cup win while acknowledging their history before?

CALGARY FLAMES

9QqlzWH.jpeg

They made a red jersey for their Heritage Classic in 2011, so why not flip it? ...IDK why it says 21 in the collar, please ignore.

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

GAPRj9f.jpeg

In 2002, the Flyers changed their logo for their jersey for the first time ever. The 3D chrome logo was much maligned when they debuted... make it black and send it back out there.

VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS

bSMhUo0.jpeg

in 1968, a Vegas hockey team played ONE GAME... They were the Vegas Gamblers. Very basic purple and yellow jerseys with simple striping... But a very cool GAMBLERS logo in front of playing cards. Switching it to Golden Knight Flair wasn't too difficult. Added the gold flake to the stripes and added some card icons around it.

CAROLINA HURRICANES

9qNugyn.jpeg

Their original 2008 black alternates, now in grey, along with their new alternate logo. Added a triangle behind it like the original logo had.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS

9Xratff.jpeg

When the Islanders brought back the Fisherman jerseys this year, alot of people were disappointed with the lack of teal. To try and make good, I re-added the teal, but took out the grey bits of the white jersey. I hope this 1995 version is more appreciated haha.

WINNIPEG JETS

aAfKefv.jpeg

Their original jerseys from 1979, now in red! Not much else to say!

LOS ANGELES KINGS

8KmPHCb.jpeg

Their 1998 home jerseys, swapped to grey. They've had some grey jerseys recently, what would they have looked like with an older grey jersey? not too bad!

SEATTLE KRAKEN

SCQ3XCP.jpeg

The jersey I think everyone expected when they announced the RR was coming back... but didn't get. Based off the Seattle Metropolitans of 1921.

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

9C3TB7p.jpeg

Decided to make a black alternate out of their 2008 Blue alternate. Different template back then, but I wanted to incorporate the unique underarm mesh striping somehow in the main design. Opted to put them on the underside of the arm stripes.

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

Hls42il.jpeg

Based on their 1927 Winter Classic jersey from 2014, but white.

EDMONTON OILERS

RLvh6YW.jpeg

This is the point I realize I did ALOT of 2000s jerseys... AT ANY RATE... Oilers wanted to add bronze to their jerseys... for some reason... But I just thought I'd bring them back.

FLORIDA PANTHERS

oZ5Z1Ow.jpeg

Based on their original 1993 away, but REVERSING the colors.... obviously...

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS

cMeUqbU.jpeg

FULL ON ROBO PENGUIN... Complete with full grey jerseys.

NASHVILLE PREDATORS

CLQ5ery.jpeg

Hey look, another 2000s alternate. I was confused as to why the checkerboard pattern was there, as I was slacking in my research... So I decided to go with guitar and bass necks/frets, but in yellow instead of blue. If anyone would like to see a yellow checkerboard pattern, let me know.

NEW YORK RANGERS

axOQw84.jpeg

Decided to go with a blue version of their white sweaters.

DETROIT RED WINGS

XEZFEF7.jpeg

Took their 2014 Winter Classic as well as I think its one of the best Winter Classic jerseys out there.

BUFFALO SABRES

5kPVhNj.jpeg

BUFFASLUG... in modern/original colors.

OTTAWA SENATORS

VJzGE2I.jpeg

They apparently never had a red version of the methhead Sen... So I did it. Since its REVERSE retro.... I also reversed the arrow things...

SAN JOSE SHARKS

VvUFcCx.jpeg

I believe the Sharks got rid of their Stealth Black jerseys with their new rebrand... so its a perfect time to actually bring these into rotation.

DALLAS STARS

hFlVfdW.jpeg

MOOTERUS but current colors. 'nuff said.

MINNESOTA WILD

LkgbyVM.jpeg

They haven't had a red jersey in quite a while, so it made sense to make a Reverse Retro in red. Had to go their original home jersey too.

That's all of them! I hope you like them. Leave a comment below with what you like and don't like! Maybe I'll make some tweaks!

COL-Solid choice; even though I'd personally rather see a dark version of their first RR

CBJ-Really out of the box, but in a good way. I think Columbus would benefit from something like this if there ever were another round of RR

BOS-I would love for Boston to use that jersey. It's a very forgotten look and you did a great job combining two rather forgettable jerseys in their history to create somehting nice

MTL-Something actually creative for the Habs imagine that. Too bad the actually franchise can't do anything like this

WSH-Interesting, but feels too much like a Rangers jersey

ARI-Wonderful

NJD-Perfect and needs to be an alternate

ANA-Fells like a miss for me, but very creative

VGK-YES! I did something similar for my RR series. Make it happen Vegas

CAR-I'd prefer a Whalers jersey. The grey doesn't work for me

NYI-Great! Fix it Islanders

SEA-Great job

TOR-Something enjoyable from the Leafs. They have been a let down both years of RR

FLA-Pretty good, but I'd rather see the home version

OTT-This would be a nice jersey and even better if they used the current logo

DAL-This is one of the few Mooterus jerseys that actually look good

ZUH86xc.png