maxwasson

After several months, I was finally able to get this concept realized, because I always thought it would be cool if my Kansas City Chiefs were to have a wolf as their logo, I think it would make a whole lot of sense considering we have KC Wolf as our mascot and the fan section in the old Kansas City Municipal Stadium used to be called "The Wolfpack", So with some help, I was able to assemble a full concept for a wolf-centered Chiefs rebrand.

spacer.png

The wolf logo was a Fiverr commission, and I think he did a pretty good job with this, I assembled the wordmark and insignia logos with the font Siegra.

spacer.png

As for the field and uniforms, I assembled the field by using the default Arrowhead Stadium field as a base, and the uniforms were drawn up by one of my friends in the Kansas City Chiefs Discord server. 

Overall, I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, and it's finally been realized, Go Chiefs!

• Like 8

gT1BtSs.png

I never would have even thought of the Chiefs keeping their name but changing their mascot/visual identity, but you made it fit in so seamlessly.  The logo gives me strong Washington Huskies vibes, which I love. The font also gives a classy "retro futuristic" feel to it, which I love. Great stuff, and keep up the good work!

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

Just now, GrayJ12 said:

I never would have even thought of the Chiefs keeping their name but changing their mascot/visual identity, but you made it fit in so seamlessly.  The logo gives me strong Washington Huskies vibes, which I love. The font also gives a classy "retro futuristic" feel to it, which I love. Great stuff, and keep up the good work!

I did make an alternate set where the Chiefs change their name to the "Wolves" but I don't have any uniforms made for that. The wolf logo kinda reminds me of UConn's old logo a little bit. 

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

After all the positive feedback, I have decided to give you guys a bonus, as I've designed a bunch of extra assets for this concept, starting off with not just a logo change but a full on name change from the "Kansas City Chiefs" to the "Kansas City Wolves" spacer.png

And the rest of this is going to be fields I assembled, some of these are modified Super Bowl Fields for the last 3 Super Bowls the Chiefs have appeared in

1yaop6L.png

Wolves Field

m7jXzMC.png

Chiefs Field with Yellow Endzones

HtxrELf.png

Wolves Field with Yellow Endzones

QsXfO8M.png

Super Bowl LIV Field with the Redesign

1lNhmvk.png

Super Bowl LIV Field (Wolves Alt)

nOpt7Sd.png

Super Bowl LV Field with the Redesign

zXnXBTT.png

Super Bowl LV Field (Wolves Alt)

ERpAlXO.png

Super Bowl LVII Field with the Redesign

cwAFYqp.png

Super Bowl LVII Field (Wolves Alt)

gT1BtSs.png

I think this logo is really nice! Who knows if they'll ever move on from the Chiefs but this is a good alternative.

However I think it could use some black as a base dark color. Right now the yellow and red are pretty similar hues and very bright. I don't know how it would look without trying it but I think making the red on the logo black, the yellow > red, then the outline yellow might look cool and give a little contrast. Don't incorporate it everywhere like the current brand.

I am totally with the absence of black. KC looks perfect from the neck-down and the fact that they don't have any yellow on the helmet is too bad (even if I understand why they use black and no yellow).

The logo is really sharp and well-rendered. But I feel like a yellow "KC" would be better on the helmet with the wolf playing the same role the Vikings primary plays. (Admittedly, that's just my preference away from detailed/fierce logos on helmets)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

53 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

I am totally with the absence of black. KC looks perfect from the neck-down and the fact that they don't have any yellow on the helmet is too bad (even if I understand why they use black and no yellow).

The logo is really sharp and well-rendered. But I feel like a yellow "KC" would be better on the helmet with the wolf playing the same role the Vikings primary plays. (Admittedly, that's just my preference away from detailed/fierce logos on helmets)

Yeah maybe someone could render a wolf's tail on the helmets (Similar to the Vikings/Eagles helmets)

gT1BtSs.png

Alright, I've decided to put together a "sequel concept" where I imagine a Chiefs rebrand in the style of the "Washington Football Team"

BEHOLD THE KANSAS CITY FOOTBALL TEAM!

1syWLkJ.png

I assembled all of the logos myself, the font used was Universo, which you can notice is a very similar font to what the Washington Football Team used

ghXFzDX.png

Home Field

mxntBPi.png

Home Field with Yellow Endzones

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to make some major updates to this concept, with the first noticeable change being that the shade of yellow on the logo and overall color scheme is now lighter, I have changed the fonts to be more "Chiefs-like", the wordmarks use Allotrope Heavy and the insignias use ZT Voltra Black Expanded

spacer.png

I feel that the new wordmarks are a better fit for the on-field designs and the lighter yellow contrasts with the red better

New-Chiefs-Field-and-Uniforms.png

I also have a ton of extra script/wordmark logos and insignia logos with different color/outline variations

spacer.png

And some extra fields, which include 2 alternate Arrowhead field designs, Super Bowl fields, and a field for a hypothetical Chiefs-Bills AFC Championship game in Atlanta

Extra-Fields.png

• Like 1

gT1BtSs.png

All of them are great. In fact, regardless of how controversial the "Chiefs" name is, I wouldn't mind seeing a change to the more interesting "Wolves". Even the seemingly dull "Kansas City Football Team" looks very good-the name and the logo has a European soccer club feel to it, which I like.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This has been a long time coming, but I have now Part 3 of this concept which modernizes the AFL's Dallas Texans (1960-1962) who became the Kansas City Chiefs in 1963 after Lamar Hunt moved the team from his hometown of Dallas. This concept imagines a universe where the Texans stay in Dallas and are the inner city rival to the Cowboys out west in Irving/Arlington. The logo is a Fiverr commission, that I made some tweaks to. The font used for the wordmarks/insignias/jersey numbers is Martinez. 

EDIT: I decided to fix the primary marks, so that the red outline on the cowboy hat isn't visible anymore

DMSNwii.png

And of course just like with the Chiefs concept, I have a bunch of extra script and wordmark logos, plus yellow versions of the global/main logos and 2 alternate helmet logos.

nbe7vQw.png

Here is what the field looks like as well as the uniforms

Texans-Field-and-Uniforms.png

And here's a mockup of what the field would look like at Cotton Bowl Stadium in Dallas that I put together
Cotton-Bowl-Stadium-Mockup.png

Extra fields are included in this concept as well, featuring home fields with yellow and black endzones, custom Super Bowl fields with custom endzones for this concept plus a field for an all-Dallas Super Bowl (Texans vs Cowboys) and a custom Super Bowl endzone for the Houston Oilers I made as well. 

Extra-Fields.png

• Like 2

gT1BtSs.png

• 2 weeks later...

I went back and also made some "Fort Worth" and "Arlington" alternates for the Dallas Texans concept, I didn't have to change the uniforms and field designs in these, but I did a lot of work on making these extra design packages. The font I used for the Fort Worth Texans insignia designs was Laredo Trail Expanded. 

FORT WORTH TEXANS:

CmDNZTQ.png

sEUvADx.png

ARLINGTON TEXANS:

6FvlsnZ.png

6tvRxZB.png

BONUS LOGOS:

In addition to this, I also designed some bonus helmet/insignia logos these helmet logos combine the classic Dallas Texans helmet logo with insignias that resemble the iconic Kansas City Chiefs "Arrowhead" logo, the font used was Laredo Trail Extended

P4QKYB4.png

UPDATE: I added another alternate insignia/helmet logo to represent the entire Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, "DFW"

gT1BtSs.png