Mission BBQ -- Hidden M

leopard88

I thought we had a hidden letter/image thread in this part of the forum, but I couldn't find it so I started a new topic.

In any case, I'm embarrassed to admit that I just noticed the M in this logo about ten minutes ago . . . even though I drive by a Mission BBQ every day on the way to work.*

spacer.png

https://mission-bbq.com/

I always just looked at the logo as another way to play up the patriotism angle, which is BIG at Mission BBQ (to the point that a former co-worker used to call it the "One America News Network cafeteria").

* -- For the record, I also didn't notice the MB in the Brewers' ball-in-glove logo until about ten years ago . . . and I was alive when it was introduced.

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

Yea I never noticed this either, very cool.

This makes me feel better.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I've never seen Mission BBQ, but after identifying the M, now it's the only thing I see in that logo!  Like... I don't even see a star.  I see an M with some weird shape underneath it.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, leopard88 said:

I thought we had a hidden letter/image thread in this part of the forum, but I couldn't find it so I started a new topic.

In any case, I'm embarrassed to admit that I just noticed the M in this logo about ten minutes ago . . . even though I drive by a Mission BBQ every day on the way to work.*

spacer.png

https://mission-bbq.com/

I always just looked at the logo as another way to play up the patriotism angle, which is BIG at Mission BBQ (to the point that a former co-worker used to call it the "One America News Network cafeteria").

* -- For the record, I also didn't notice the MB in the Brewers' ball-in-glove logo until about ten years ago . . . and I was alive when it was introduced.

Wow that’s actually pretty slick. All I see now is that “M”

On the patriotism, I’ve heard they play the national anthem at exactly Noon sharp every day over the speakers and have the customers stand and join in.

Also, there was a thread you were looking for. Started by yours truly-

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Wow that’s actually pretty slick. All I see now is that “M”

On the patriotism, I’ve heard they play the national anthem at exactly Noon sharp every day over the speakers and have the customers stand and join in.

Also, there was a thread you were looking for. Started by yours truly-

That's sort of how it looked to me driving by this morning.  I definitely can't unsee it now.

You are correct about the National Anthem.  The same coworker and I were there for it once.  He loved Mission BBQ and was pretty conservative, but after that he timed any carryout runs for 11:30 or 12:15.

As for the thread, I searched in this forum using "hidden".  I'm surprised that didn't come up somehow.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

That's sort of how it looked to me driving by this morning.  I definitely can't unsee it now.

You are correct about the National Anthem.  The same coworker and I were there for it once.  He loved Mission BBQ and was pretty conservative, but after that he timed any carryout runs for 11:30 or 12:15.

As for the thread, I searched in this forum using "hidden".  I'm surprised that didn't come up somehow.

Food wise, I went there once and was not too thrilled with the experience. I did love the fact that they had Cheerwine to drink.

In retrospect, I could’ve reworded the thread title a little differently

5 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Food wise, I went there once and was not too thrilled with the experience. I did love the fact that they had Cheerwine to drink.

I like that they give multiple sauce options.  The downside to that is that the sauces just feel like last second add-ons to smoked meats.  I much prefer BBQ that has been marinated in the sauce and really absorbs that flavor.

On 4/7/2023 at 8:34 AM, leopard88 said:

I like that they give multiple sauce options.  The downside to that is that the sauces just feel like last second add-ons to smoked meats.  I much prefer BBQ that has been marinated in the sauce and really absorbs that flavor.

You like that they do the same thing every BBQ place does?

On 4/8/2023 at 4:26 PM, dont care said:

You like that they do the same thing every BBQ place does?

I like the option, but I prefer when the meat is cooked in the sauce so the flavor is infused in the meat.

From the website of local favorite Andy Nelson's BBQ (founded by former Baltimore Colt, Andy Nelson) --

Andy’s not famous just for his championship years with the Baltimore Colts; he’s also famous for his hickory smoked BBQ. Ask Andy and he’ll tell you that one of the secrets is slow cooking. “Our BBQ is smoked for many hours over hickory logs until it falls off the bone, and then it’s simmered in our own heirloom sauce”.

https://andynelsonsbbq.com/