2026 FIFA World Cup - Fixer-Upper Concept

FinsUp1214

Good afternoon, all!

If you've been over to the FIFA World Cup 2026 logo thread at all, you've certainly seen me voice my displeasure at the newly unveiled logo. I won't keep you all reading too long, but suffice to say, I believe the logo suffers from a few major problems. The first and most obvious is the use of a png trophy pasted on top of the "26", a truly bizarre choice. Secondly is the avoidance of any sort of color, pattern, iconography, or symbolism that celebrates Canada, USA, and Mexico. While the 16 host cities do include branding with colors and patterns that represent each city (albeit a bit convoluted in some cases), the primary logo itself missed an opportunity to do the same for the host nations and immediately present the brand's intentions.

I had an itch to find a solution this morning, and cranked out this concept today. While I personally would have tried something completely different altogether, I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could make what FIFA was trying to do work somehow. The result is fairly self explanatory; I aimed to create something that gave the primary logo life, and tied it more strongly into the spirit of the host city branding approach. The logo in this concept now features a pattern composed of abstracted maple leafs for Canada, stars for USA, and a repetitive mountain pattern for Mexico that is inspired by the 1968 Mexico City Olympic branding. I also added "UNITED" underneath the "26" and trophy to more directly identify the name of the tournament.

I also tried one version with a more stylized, abstracted trophy to see how a more "icon" style logo could work, and also maintained the use of the photo trophy in the 2nd version just to see how that would work as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's something I still want to play around with and polish up a bit more, but I wanted to get this out of my head and somewhere where I could get some eyes and thoughts on it. I'd love to hear any feedback and thoughts you all have!

Thanks for reading and viewing!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Applause 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Loving the trophy icon and the patterns in the 26. If this was the direction FIFA went with it would be one of the best World Cup logos in recent memory. Only one tweak maybe, try the FIFA text in black? It might stand out a little better.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

20 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Good afternoon, all!

If you've been over to the FIFA World Cup 2026 logo thread at all, you've certainly seen me voice my displeasure at the newly unveiled logo. I won't keep you all reading too long, but suffice to say, I believe the logo suffers from a few major problems. The first and most obvious is the use of a png trophy pasted on top of the "26", a truly bizarre choice. Secondly is the avoidance of any sort of color, pattern, iconography, or symbolism that celebrates Canada, USA, and Mexico. While the 16 host cities do include branding with colors and patterns that represent each city (albeit a bit convoluted in some cases), the primary logo itself missed an opportunity to do the same for the host nations and immediately present the brand's intentions.

I had an itch to find a solution this morning, and cranked out this concept today. While I personally would have tried something completely different altogether, I wanted to challenge myself to see if I could make what FIFA was trying to do work somehow. The result is fairly self explanatory; I aimed to create something that gave the primary logo life, and tied it more strongly into the spirit of the host city branding approach. The logo in this concept now features a pattern composed of abstracted maple leafs for Canada, stars for USA, and a repetitive mountain pattern for Mexico that is inspired by the 1968 Mexico City Olympic branding. I also added "UNITED" underneath the "26" and trophy to more directly identify the name of the tournament.

I also tried one version with a more stylized, abstracted trophy to see how a more "icon" style logo could work, and also maintained the use of the photo trophy in the 2nd version just to see how that would work as well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's something I still want to play around with and polish up a bit more, but I wanted to get this out of my head and somewhere where I could get some eyes and thoughts on it. I'd love to hear any feedback and thoughts you all have!

Thanks for reading and viewing!

I would still prefer the illustration version of the cup, but just adding a color pattern to the logo improves it massively. If FIFA plans to do home and away patches like in Qatar, not needing to change the main logo makes the most sense.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think this is a great concept. It seemed like a missed opportunity to represent each host nation in the logo rather than leaving it all to supporting graphics and motion. The illustrated trophy is key as well. Nicely done!

• Love 2

spacer.png