European Football Kits: #13 Newcastle United

JG36

Been working on FIFA Kit Creator recently and have been working on some kit concepts

Starting with the 2 clubs who comprise the Derby della Madonnina, Inter Milan and AC Milan

(Edited 6/10, matched sleeve and collar patterns for AC Milan and added white shorts/socks option)

yof3Odz.pngspacer.pngtJijnmF.png

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

• JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: AS Monaco 3/??
  • JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: Olympique Marseille 4/??
  • JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #5 Eintracht Frankfurt

Next up is Ajax. A bit of a bold idea here, a lot of their kits look similar so I wanted to try something new, using the famous flag of Amsterdam to fill out the sides of the red center stripe. I’m unsure about this one, I’m open to suggestions.

3ZAyj9p.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

• JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #6 Ajax
  • JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #8 Chelsea

Now onto a bang-average bottom half English club with Chelsea. I gave them a classical black and white treatment on top of a sublimated web pattern (the lines reminded me a bit of their 2019 home kit). 

Open to feedback on any of the kits!

(Edited 6/10, increased crest size)

0F7U4Dp.png

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 10:40 PM, GriffinM6 said:

I really like what you did with Ajax. I believe they've used elements from the Amsterdam flag before, but not in the way you've done it. Chelsea looks good too. Getting some San Jose Earthquakes vibes from them. 

Thanks! They used the flag design in the sleeve cuffs in 2019, but yeah, just small details. I definitely see the San Jose comparisons when I looked up their kits. 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:39 AM, CRDesigns said:

The Ajax one is super cool, but my favourite so har has been Wolfsburg. That gradient is dope.

Thanks! I figured that if there was a team that I could try out a gradient pattern on, it would be Wolfsburg. They’ve gone through a bunch of designs recently and I wanted to keep that going. 

Next up is the club I support, Tottenham (Yikes, I know). Spurs are pretty consistent with plain white home kits, and the fact that their upcoming kit having white shorts is a really notable change tells you how similar they keep the look from year to year. So I went for a faint design reminiscent of France’s 2018 second kit. Nothing crazy here, but more than they’ve done with the past 3 kits 

(Edit 6/13: Changed crest, added straight sleeve cuffs and a collar, and continued the pattern onto the sleeves)

38kIa0v.png

• Like 1

• JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #10 Borussia Dortmund

Next up Borussia Dortmund. Another club that changes it up every year, they even let fans design the kit for next season. I experimented combining a few patterns here and I really liked how it turned out, I think it looks sort of like a printer error or smeared ink. 
QlMDrxZ.png

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JG36 said:

Next up is the club I support, Tottenham (Yikes, I know). Spurs are pretty consistent with plain white home kits, and the fact that their upcoming kit having white shorts is a really notable change tells you how similar they keep the look from year to year. So I went for a faint design reminiscent of France’s 2018 second kit. Nothing crazy here, but more than they’ve done with the past 3 kits

That is selling Spurs short, the team do change up their home kit on the regular and the past 3 kits have been pretty distinct, and the team have a tradition for innovation, being one of the first teams to use shadow stripes and being the team that kickstarted the move away from short shorts to much longer ones in 1991.

The Spurs shirt is good, but using the crest without the team name as Spurs usually do instead of the team name would improve it, and making the AIA logo not red (which is something Spurs should do IRL).

The Inter and Milan kits are good, but the crest is a little on the small side for the Inter shirt and the Milan kit could really do with matching cuffs and collars and the traditional white shorts.

The Frankfurt shirt looks way too busy with all those designs just laid down on top of each other, I like the Wolfsburg shirt but the crest is a bit small, as is the case with the Chelsea, Ajax and Inter kits.

Dortmund looks great, probably my fave out of all the designs here.

12 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That is selling Spurs short, the team do change up their home kit on the regular and the past 3 kits have been pretty distinct, and the team have a tradition for innovation, being one of the first teams to use shadow stripes and being the team that kickstarted the move away from short shorts to much longer ones in 1991.

The Spurs shirt is good, but using the crest without the team name as Spurs usually do instead of the team name would improve it, and making the AIA logo not red (which is something Spurs should do IRL).

The Inter and Milan kits are good, but the crest is a little on the small side for the Inter shirt and the Milan kit could really do with matching cuffs and collars and the traditional white shorts.

The Frankfurt shirt looks way too busy with all those designs just laid down on top of each other, I like the Wolfsburg shirt but the crest is a bit small, as is the case with the Chelsea, Ajax and Inter kits.

Dortmund looks great, probably my fave out of all the designs here.

The crest for Spurs must’ve slipped my eyes while proofing, I’ll fix that. I was keeping all the sponsors the same way they look on the actual kits, but I could experiment with changing colors to make them more aesthetically pleasing when needed. 

I’ll see what I can do about the crests, there’s no way to change the size on FIFA Kit Creator, it might work if I put in a custom logo. 

You’re right about Milan’s sleeves, although this next season will be the 4th straight season they’ve worn black shorts, but I can make a version with white shorts. 

I made some edits to AC Milan and Chelsea, I’ve figured out the crest sizing so I’ll edit a few more in the coming days. 

Up next is Atlético Madrid. I used Besiktas’ 2021 kit striping pattern and edited it to invert the thin stripe. Somewhat simple here, as Atleti fans voiced opposition to the curved stripe kit from this past season.

D4mOsyE.png

• Like 1

• JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: Edits and #11 Atlético Madrid
  • JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #12 Celtic
  • JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #12 Celtic + Tottenham Edit
On 6/10/2023 at 12:05 AM, JG36 said:

Next up Borussia Dortmund. Another club that changes it up every year, they even let fans design the kit for next season. I experimented combining a few patterns here and I really liked how it turned out, I think it looks sort of like a printer error or smeared ink. 
QlMDrxZ.png

The logo gets lost in the pattern. I'd add an outline to it. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• JG36 changed the title to European Football Kits: #13 Newcastle United

Apart from Ajax with the saltires, most of them are quite generic. There's a blatant lack of "deep work and research". Especially in the striped ones. The Inter or Newcastle stripes would work nicely with Atleti and vice-versa, judging by the type of generic uninspired crap made by Nike to its football teams. But considering the tool you're using, this is pretty decent.