I've never been a huge fan of arena football, but I've done some research about the history of the  Arena Football League which has announced is making a comeback for a third time, but I've always known about the Kansas City Command/Brigade, which is why I decided to revive the 816's arena football team.

PART I: KANSAS CITY COMMAND

uai0nbq.png

The Kansas City Command were the nickname of Kansas City's arena football franchise from 2011 to 2012, a short-lived moniker that was used until the team was folded after the 2012 season,  The new logo was a Fiverr commission and the wordmarks and insignias were once again assembled by myself, the font used for the wordmarks is Sportypo. 

pX1kRFP.png

I didn't create nearly as much extra logos and such for this concept, but there's a still a lot of good assets here

s0ii0pw.png

And here is the field design for the Kansas City Command's home arena; T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, MO as well as a 6-uniform set with a home, away, all black, and all white set. I've also made a different kind of throwback uniform in the "Retraux" set with a call-back to Galaga and arcade games of the 1980s, and a "Tomahawk" uniform set which is meant to be a reference to both a missile that the US Air Force uses and a homage to the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs complete with a Neil Smith commemorative patch, as the former Kansas City Chiefs defensive end was a co-founder of the Kansas City Command and his number #90 was retired by the Command during its run in the Arena Football League. The font used for the jersey numbers was Noize Sport

PART II: KANSAS CITY BRIGADE

D82Spiq.png

Next up, is the Kansas City Command's original name, the Kansas City Brigade which had been used from 2006 to 2008 in the first incarnation of the Arena Football League. 

WJ36ItY.png

And here are the extra logos/assets

j9d8FLy.png

And here is the field and uniforms set for the Brigade moniker.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

QNXVyki.png

Now on to the next section of this concept, I figured that the Kansas City Command/Brigade would also make sense as a spring football team in Kansas City, complete with sets designed for the XFL, USFL, and the ill-fated AAF.

PART III: COMMAND/BRIGADE XFL SETS

WeRW7Ph.png

A hypothetical Kansas City Command/Brigade spring football team would likely play their home games inside of Children's Mercy Park (home of Sporting KC) in Kansas City, KS.

Oc3fEg2.png

PART IV: COMMAND/BRIGADE USFL SETS

xHNAcQi.png

For the USFL set, I had to get super creative with the field as the current iteration of the USFL is playing in a Birmingham/Memphis bubble, but if the present day USFL does decide to do home fields, I went for a throwback approach with a classic helmet logo in midfield with the arcade aesthetic carried over from the Retraux uniform set. 

NMK2UpF.png

PART V: COMMAND/BRIGADE AAF SETS

yvSCE8p.png

And to wrap things up here, here are the Command/Brigade sets for the failed Alliance of American Football complete with decorative endzones.

IBO2UF1.png

I spent a majority of my day into working on this, so of course comments and critique is appreciated! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

QNXVyki.png

My only complaint is not being able to get a good look at these on my phone. Zoom in and it completely distorts. You killed it tho. I’d love to see you do a few other teams that may come back for AFL. 

• Like 1

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

As a Kansas Citian myself...I remember the Brigade..pretty popular for a while.  Brigade is as good a njame as any, and the stealth bomber is a good reference to Whiteman AFB nearby, but the air force doesn't use the term "brigade".  That's an army/land based forces term.  Command is better, if we are nitpicking.  

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Had to come back to this after, the XFL and USFL spring leagues merged to become the United Football League (UFL), I went back and some new UFL field and uniform sets for the Command/Brigade

PART VI: COMMAND/BRIGADE UFL SETS

Command-Uniforms-and-Field-UFL.png

For the UFL sets, I decided to have the white UFL logo at midfield like a lot of UFL home fields this year, I also made a custom endzone design with the bomber mascot on the left and right sides of the endzone. 

Brigade-Uniforms-and-Field-UFL.png

• Love 1

QNXVyki.png

• maxwasson changed the title to Kansas City Command/Brigade Revival - UFL Sets Added