Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Lion Air: We Make People Fly

edjb93

Recently, I made a batch of updates on some concepts:

• Delta: Switched socks from traditional (colored top half, white bottom half) to fully colored on home and road uniforms
  • British: Added TV numbers to retro alternate jersey
  • ITA: Switched alliance from SkyTeam to Star Alliance
  • Thai: Moved sock stripes to bottom
  • Air France: Enlarged front jersey script on home and road jerseys
  • South African: Updated sleeve design (from sublimated to fully colored) and socks (from half-and-half to fully patterned)

MIDDLE EAST AIRLINES

Though the majority of MEA's fleet still sport the pre-2020 livery, the overall theme I went for when it comes to designing the football uniform concepts for the flag carrier of Lebanon is the airline's paint scheme for its A321neos, which I have a feeling that this will be applied to the rest of the fleet. In this particular livery, blue becomes the main color, and the same goes with the home uniform. Meanwhile, the road uniform puts emphasis on red, which has been the airline's historical main color.

For the retro alternate, there can be one obvious choice: the 1970's livery honoring the airline's 75th anniversary in 2020.

Lh1Fy7U.png

PYqyiaG.png

4UFyIjT.png

Edited by edjb93
Added sublimated cedar tree on home and road pants
  • Like 1

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Middle East Airlines: From Lebanon to the World

AEROFLOT

From its silver fuselage to a newer livery done to its A350s, Russia's flag carrier definitely evolved its look since the 2000s. I chose the latter to become the design inspiration for my home and road uniform concepts. While doing the design, I can't help but to compare it to the New England Patriots jerseys in the Brady-Belichick era, primarily because of the silver accents.

Aeroflot has an A320 painted with a retro look, and it is nicknamed "Dobrolet". This is the inspiration behind the throwback uniform I made for the airline. Like my Air Koryo concept, the helmet features a wrapped Russian flag that mimics the slanted flag found on the tail.

Even though the airline is currently suspended from SkyTeam, I still put the alliance's logo all over the uniforms.

0ElOd76.png

x4utEGp.png

KlolUVm.png

• Like 1

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Middle East Airlines and Aeroflot

LION AIR

Requested by @Blindsay, Indonesia's largest carrier bears a simple-looking livery that doesn't evoke vibes of being a low-cost carrier. As much as I would like to make its corresponding uniform concepts simple, that alone won't cut it. So I added the wings from the logo as a sublimated pattern on the sleeves and at the hem of the pants. Also, if you observe the helmets, there are the flags of Indonesia and Thailand to honor the main Lion Air and its Thai subsidiary.

Before it eventually went with a wholly-Eurowhite paint scheme, Lion Air used to embrace blue (or probably indigo, depending on your screen) as a main color. Its respective livery surely reminds me of FedEx's old look. And so, I went full-vintage for the alternate uniform, employing a smorgasbord of striping styles all over it.

8o40vej.png

8qU1xLb.png

KYumtGl.png

• edjb93 changed the title to Airline Football Uniform Concepts - Lion Air: We Make People Fly