Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

@NativeSonX  The 3 was a typo, I am sticking with 4, but at the end of the day, @raz is right.  I do get to make the rules on my thread about my fictional concept league.  There are 100 ways I could run the polls, and I am choosing to end them when I think it is no longer viable for the final results of a vote to be affected by later votes.  Sure, i am a bit impatient.  I probably should be spending more time on my USFL alt history, but this project has been a refreshing step back from that world, with all its own restrictions (and hours of work that go into each season), so I have been pushing it, also to keep as much as I can to the message board rules about concepts being regularly posted.  Feel free to start your own concept thread if you would do it differently. Honestly I could have just as easily not had any polls at all and just revealed my preferences and choices, which would have had very different results in some cases.

• Like 2

And I see that Chicago has garnered a 4-vote lead, so they will be the first of the 2 finalists in the vote for the 10th AAFL team.  Who will be the other finalist.  There are only 5 non-NFL cities that qualify by being in the Top 35, but I am going to add a 6th (Birmingham), because that region of the country (deep South), might need more representation and because Birmingham is always in the mix for spring football.   Here are the 6 cities, along with some potential impact if they are chosen

San Antonio, TX --- If they beat Chicago for #10, no Eastern team is moved to the West.

Austin , TX--- If they beat Chicago for #10, no Eastern team is moved to the West.

San Jose, CA--- If they beat Chicago for #10, no Eastern team is moved to the West.

Sacramento, CA--- If they beat Chicago for #10, no Eastern team is moved to the West.

Columbus, OH-- If hey beat Chicago for #10, then New Orleans is moved to the West to form a CBS-STL midwest block

Birmingham, AL--If they beat Chicago for #10, then St. Louis is moved to the West to form a BIR-NOR southern block

And, of course, if Chicago wins, then New Orleans is moved to the West due to the potential for a STL-CHI rivalry in the Midwest.

Of course, once we move to 12 teams in the league's 4th season, then this all shifts again as the league would have a West, East, and Central division.  And in its final form of16 cities, we would add a Southern division as well. 

Voting for the non-NFL finalist for Team #10 is now open.  Sticking to the plan, it will close either at 7am MT on Thursday or when there are 15 total votes or more and one team gains a 4-vote advantage.  

And , as enticement, here are the helmet colors available to each city:

San Antonio:  black, red, metallic gold, or copper

Austin: two red options, copper, or mid-level grey

San Jose: two gold options, black, forest green

Sacramento: two gold options (one shared with SJ), black, forest green

Columbus: two black options, royal blue, and I am still working on a 4th

Birmingham: two black options, yellow (athletic gold), and a navy & red ombre effect

There are some repeats of designs used before as well as some designs from past concept threads, but also some new ideas.  

Let the voting begin. 

BTW, as commissioner of the AAFL, I am making the following proclamation and edict:

In the AAFL no player will be allowed to participate in a play on the field if...

...they are not wearing all the requisite pads (including thigh pads),

... their pants are not cut to go beneath the knee,

... their sock/legging combo covers up the colored or striped portion of the sock, 

...or they have cut the sleeves on their jerseys to such a degree that the full armpit is visible.

That's right, we are demanding 1980's or at least 1990's uniform conformity, because, honestly, these punk kids today with their bike shorts, plain white socks and sleeveless jerseys make my angina act up.  And they damn well better stay off my lawn!!!

Uniform = uniformity, team over individual.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3