AUDL League Rebrand as UFA (Plus any 2024 Semi-pro Ultimate Logo Changes)

Wildcomet

Thought I'd share a rebranding for the former American Ultimate Disc League, which after getting the rights to use the term 'Frisbee' is now rebranding as the Ultimate Frisbee Association. Here's a link to their page with all of the variations of the new logo, but I posted the most comprehensive graphic for the new look here:

UFAIconStacked.png

Here's the old league logo for reference (they had a shield logo but seem to have veered away from it the past couple years in favor of this wordmark):

AUDL%20logo%20No%20PB.png

I didn't see any post in the forum for logo changes related to semi-pro Ultimate so if any others come along this thread could turn into that, but for now we got this new logo to look at and discuss. Overall I'm still getting used to the new name but I like the updated logo; it feels more 'big league' to me with the silhouette , which I know is their goal, and I do like how the colors work together. I also think they did a good job of representing a rotating frisbee in the design.

• Like 1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

They also did a good job by getting rid of the gradient in the old wordmark.  And nice continuity in keeping the same shapes of the letters A and U.   I'll have to sport my New York Empire hat in celebration of the league's logo change.

This must mean that the league has licenced the "frisbee" trademark from Wham-O, right?

Semi-related point:  I honestly believe that ultimate is the world's greatest spectator sport.  The speed at which the frisbee moves makes the game eminently watchable; in this respect it's the anti-hockey.  Also, the balletic catches and defensive plays are consistently thrilling. 

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

On 1/17/2024 at 7:55 PM, Bomba Tomba said:

I wonder what will happen if you go to a frisbee game with a dog with you

You'll both have a great time! LOL. As a Madison Radicals fan I'd echo Ferdinand's sentiments, the sport can really be a joy to watch with high level players.

They didn't announce the terms of the deal, but it does sound like they licensed "frisbee" from Wham-O on a long term basis. As part of the deal they'll also be able to use the 'Frisbee' brand on the disc they are developing for league use this year (they bought a company that makes them) and are aiming to distribute it to stores next year.

Thought I'd also share the logo they just announced for 2024 Championship which is being hosted by Salt Lake City. I couldn't find a pure pic of the logo, so I used this one from the website.

CW2024_Header.jpg

Given the generic nature of the annual Superbowl logo, etc., I thought they did a nice job designing this in a way that reflects the host city well.  Kind of on the busy side, I'd have maybe tried to put some of the text outside of the circle to make it easier to read, but it could definitely be worse.

• Like 4

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 12:57 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Semi-related point:  I honestly believe that ultimate is the world's greatest spectator sport.  The speed at which the frisbee moves makes the game eminently watchable; in this respect it's the anti-hockey.  Also, the balletic catches and defensive plays are consistently thrilling. 

I'm not about to go this far.  However, I've watched a fair number of matches online (and previously as part of my cable package) and it is pretty fun to watch.

Maybe if I get a chance to catch a game in person my opinion may grow stronger.  Unfortunately, the nearest team to me is the DC Breeze, who play about an a hour away.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃