Some random stuff for a fictional baseball league

Htown1141

hey y'all! back at it again. I've had some time off from some things and have been working in the background on a fake league. I don't really have any sort of objective, just going to drop some things into the thread and hopefully y'all can tell me if it's era-appropriate.

If y'all wanna read about it, go visit here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=432

First up,

Brooklyn Jays

Founded: 1884

Design Yr: 1949

Context: The Jays will most likely end up finishing the season champions, but their new president could pose a challenge to the established order. While his focus is not necessarily on the roster (it's one of the best in baseball), there's a sense that he wants to create a new look for the team. Inspired by a set from the 1930's, he wants to bring back the block B and add a better-rendered blue jay. I'm not sure how well this would go over with the fanbase, but the previous logo only exists for about 8 years or so.

5GZsPIs.png

If anyone has any notes, please feel free to share, unlike my most recent stuff on here, None of this is anywhere near finished.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Slight update to show the jerseys. Note that a few things have changed in terms of the actual uniform construction of the era. Most teams are using Reger Maris-style sleeves and colored away uniforms are more common, although not ubiquitous. A paler blue was chosen for manufacturing limitations of the period, and the stroke was thickened on the bird for the same reason. (the primary is just a vectorization of the sleeve logo)

nX8aLhX.png

• Like 1

This is indeed era-appropriate. That's insanely good for a 1949 concept. The Blue does seem a bit muted for the time and looks more like a teal, considering teal wasn't prevalent until the 1990s. Maybe brighten it like you had originally?

• Like 1

I'm putting these two here side by side. I'm torn, personally. I think that the darker blue, although it doesn't contrast well with the black, is much more in line with team tradition. I guess a little more context is necessary, but the team's blue uniforms have existed from 1897-1901, 1912-1923, and 1937-41; 46-Present. The blue has almost always been a royal shade, making it kinda their *thing*, I suppose. An excerpt from their original name story is below.

Opposing fans started heckling the team by calling them the Blue Jays, Jays, or Jaybirds whenever they came to town, due to the opening day overhype brought on by the press, as well as their loud, boisterous ace. Manager Moishe Lipp was soon able to use this to advantage, and instead focused that into fueling his players instead of degrading them. He allowed everyone on the field to show their emotions and play with outward intensity. Teams, specifically Baltimore and NYCA, called them dirty and disrespectful, but they didn’t care. They fully embraced the Jays identity, going so far as to have a blue jay painted within their home dugouts. It also helped that their away uniform was a blue top with grey pants, further cementing them to the community as the Blue Jays.

I understand aesthetically wanting to shift to a lighter blue, but the more I think about it, I would rather keep it as close to the original blue as possible due to its importance to the team culture.

91RHzwN.pngyqQpfRF.png

Maybe the squad changes colors after a year? from the lighter blue to the darker blue? Idk tell me y'alls thoughts

If I'm going to be honest, keeping the light blue would give the Jays a unique identity in baseball. So much red-white-blue going on in the MLB...I'm getting tired of it and this is much needed for flair.

The identity feels nice and homey to me, like a boomer’s first memories of baseball

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 3/27/2024 at 11:34 AM, Htown1141 said:

hey y'all! back at it again. I've had some time off from some things and have been working in the background on a fake league. I don't really have any sort of objective, just going to drop some things into the thread and hopefully y'all can tell me if it's era-appropriate.

If y'all wanna read about it, go visit here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=432

First up,

Brooklyn Jays

Founded: 1884

Design Yr: 1949

Context: The Jays will most likely end up finishing the season champions, but their new president could pose a challenge to the established order. While his focus is not necessarily on the roster (it's one of the best in baseball), there's a sense that he wants to create a new look for the team. Inspired by a set from the 1930's, he wants to bring back the block B and add a better-rendered blue jay. I'm not sure how well this would go over with the fanbase, but the previous logo only exists for about 8 years or so.

5GZsPIs.png

If anyone has any notes, please feel free to share, unlike my most recent stuff on here, None of this is anywhere near finished.

Lovely B logo.