Houston Texans Logo (4/11)

DCarp1231

This doesn't feel the same without the arrowhead. That'll forever be a Chiefs thing. But in terms of an alternate, this could work. The spear could be a bit bigger though. Maybe put KC in the spear instead?

I think it would make a great secondary logo, especially for things like merch. But it isn't anchored in a nice, balanced, symmetric shape like the arrowhead, which is part of what makes a good logo. Right now its just initials with a line through them, and it suffers from the same issue the Rams logo has. Also, I think the spear pointing through the 'C' makes it readable as 'KE'

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I think it would make a great secondary logo, especially for things like merch. But it isn't anchored in a nice, balanced, symmetric shape like the arrowhead, which is part of what makes a good logo. Right now its just initials with a line through them, and it suffers from the same issue the Rams logo has. Also, I think the spear pointing through the 'C' makes it readable as 'KE'

That’s a fair assessment. I’ll work on it some more. 

As far as this logo, would the readability as KE be fixed if I pushed the spear forward and out of the C?

Looks a bit like the Kansas City Recorders.  Would the new fight song be "Hot Cross Buns"?  

No, seriously, the spear is very thin and I am not sure what the stripes on it represent.  I would also say that the tip looks less like a spearhead (see FSU) than a directional arrow from wingdings.  Sorry, but it does not read as a spear.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WideRight said:

Looks a bit like the Kansas City Recorders.  Would the new fight song be "Hot Cross Buns"?  

No, seriously, the spear is very thin and I am not sure what the stripes on it represent.  I would also say that the tip looks less like a spearhead (see FSU) than a directional arrow from wingdings.  Sorry, but it does not read as a spear.  

Yeah, I wanted to try something different than the arrowhead. Wasn’t really working the more I look at it.

Here’s an update to the logo. Trashed the spear and went back to the arrowhead. This time however, the “KC” create the shape instead of being held in place. An abstract shape of Missouri is now used as the tail/base of the arrowhead.

GKf4gK2X0AAsl0F?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Just now, DCarp1231 said:

Here’s an update to the logo. Trashed the spear and went back to the arrowhead. This time however, the “KC” create the shape instead of being held in place. An abstract shape of Missouri is now used as the tail/base of the arrowhead.

Now THIS I could see as a future logo. Nice detail to add Missouri at the back of the arrowhead. Nice improvement!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Kansas City Chiefs Logo (UPDATE 4/6)
On 4/6/2024 at 12:28 PM, DCarp1231 said:

I just saw this on the r/KansasCityChiefs subreddit this morning, It looks pretty good although you may wanna consider making a version of the logo with the Kansas state outline, as the Chiefs are rumored to be building a new stadium in the Legends district of KCK.

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

1 hour ago, maxwasson said:

I just saw this on the r/KansasCityChiefs subreddit this morning, It looks pretty good although you may wanna consider making a version of the logo with the Kansas state outline, as the Chiefs are rumored to be building a new stadium in the Legends district of KCK.

I’ll try revising in different ways. One design choice I dislike, but went against my judgement was asymmetrical letter logos.

• Like 1

While thinking on Kansas City, I decided to take a shot at Houston.

GKxZaIkWAAAR4BF?format=jpg&name=large

• Logo is now flat instead of angled

• Both “identities” of Houston and Texas as a whole are present with space and cattlemen

• Rocket blasting off with a braided rope smoke trail

• Smoke plume doubled as bull snort

• New western style typeface/wordmark

C & C Appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Houston Texans Logo (4/8)

Loving the ingenuity of combining the Texans current aesthetic with the space theme that fits Houston well! The only thing I'd maybe play around with to tweak it would be possibly lowering the rocket; it kind of reads as a 3rd horn to me which I know a bull wouldn't have so I'm wondering if it being a bit lower would lessen that. I also like the font to go with it. Overall, well done!

• Like 1

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

6 minutes ago, Wildcomet said:

Loving the ingenuity of combining the Texans current aesthetic with the space theme that fits Houston well! The only thing I'd maybe play around with to tweak it would be possibly lowering the rocket; it kind of reads as a 3rd horn to me which I know a bull wouldn't have so I'm wondering if it being a bit lower would lessen that. I also like the font to go with it. Overall, well done!

One idea I’ve had that I may tinker with his having the rope trail circle around the star and have the rocket shoot off as one of the horns.

• DCarp1231 changed the title to Houston Texans Logo (4/11)