NBA X MLB Uniforms 25/30 Trail Blazers Full Set Added

johne9109

Miami Heat

Another set that I think came out pretty good. The team gets a white home and gray away. The black Icon set becomes the 1st alternate with the red Statement uniform becoming the 2nd alt. I really like the synergy of the home and 1st alt utilizing black hats and white pants while the away and 2nd alt utilizing a red hat with gray pants. The City Connect is the 2017-18 Miami Vice City Edition. I easily could've gone with any of the vice uniforms, but I always felt the white one was the best as it most represented the vice aesthetic.

MHBB1

• Like 3

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 16/30 Heat Full Set Added

Milwaukee Bucks

The Bucks uniform transfers pretty well over to baseball uniform with the side panels of their jersey getting a similar treatment to the Astros uniforms.  The home and away are white and gray respectively with the icon uniform becoming the first alt and their statement becoming the second alt. For the City Connect I went with their City Edition from 2019-20. I really liked the Cream City moniker and the cream uniform to go with it.

MBBB1

• Like 4

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 17/30 Bucks Full Set Added

Minnesota Timberwolves

Minnesota get pullover style jerseys with a home white and gray away. The icon uniform becomes their first alternate and then their statement uniform becomes their 2nd alternate.  For the City Connect I went with the Prince tribute uniform from 2018-19. I know it's not the most representative of the state itself, but it's probably the best City Edition the Timberwolves have had

MTBB1

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 18/30 Timberwolves Full Set Added

Maybe it's just me, but I think cream would fit well as the primary road uniform color for the Bucks. If the Padres made sand an acceptable road uniform color, perhaps the Bucks can do the same.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Maybe it's just me, but I think cream would fit well as the primary road uniform color for the Bucks. If the Padres made sand an acceptable road uniform color, perhaps the Bucks can do the same.

It probably would work but I think with the cream city connect it would feel a little repetitive but it's worth a try

ZUH86xc.png

This has been a great series and I'm just getting caught up on it now. A few comments & suggestions:

- For Boston, I'd use just the shamrock logo on the caps instead of the full roundel. 

- I love the switch to the "Bats" name for Brooklyn. 

- For both the Pacers and Lakers, I'd recolor the baseball in the cap logo white, so it pops better against the gold of the cap. 

- Maybe a white front paneled cap for the Grizzlies road alt? 

Keep up the awesome work! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johne9109 said:

It probably would work but I think with the cream city connect it would feel a little repetitive but it's worth a try

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if ever cream becomes the primary road uniform color, then you might have to consider any of the Bucks' blue uniforms as the "City" alternate.

But I gotta say, what an awesome job you're doing on all these concepts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coco1997 said:

This has been a great series and I'm just getting caught up on it now. A few comments & suggestions:

- For Boston, I'd use just the shamrock logo on the caps instead of the full roundel. 

- I love the switch to the "Bats" name for Brooklyn. 

- For both the Pacers and Lakers, I'd recolor the baseball in the cap logo white, so it pops better against the gold of the cap. 

- Maybe a white front paneled cap for the Grizzlies road alt? 

Keep up the awesome work! 

Thanks I've really enjoyed putting them together

The clover definitely looks a lot cleaner

BOSBB copy

I gotta give credit to @Bomba Tomba for pointing out that Nets made no concept in a baseball setting and for the Bats suggestion

The white in the logo definitely helps it pop against the gold caps

IPBB1 copy LALBB1 copy

Can't say I like the white panel with the gray bottoms

MGBB4 copy

9 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that if ever cream becomes the primary road uniform color, then you might have to consider any of the Bucks' blue uniforms as the "City" alternate.

But I gotta say, what an awesome job you're doing on all these concepts.

If I were to do a cream away I'd probably end up making their current city edition the  city connect

Thanks, I appreciate it

• Like 2

ZUH86xc.png

New Orleans Pelicans

Pelicans translate pretty well into a baseball uniform with them getting a white home, gray away, and blue alternate. Their 2nd alternate is their statement uniform which normally features a rounded wordmark with the number in the middle. but that doesn't feel very baseball so I took the top and bottom wordmarks and placed them side by side and I really like the result. I would love to see an actual team experiment with something like this. The City Connect is of course their amazing current City Edition. The Pelicans have had some pretty good City Editions, but this years is outstanding so I had to go with it as the final uniform

NOPBB1

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 19/30 Pelicans Full Set Added
15 hours ago, edjb93 said:

That Crescent City wordmark placement is ingenious. I love it! 😍

Thanks I really like the way that came out and it was purely just playing around to see what would happen. 

ZUH86xc.png

New York Knicks

I decided to go with a pull over for the Knicks as I ended up using their logo on the front replacing the basketball with player numbers. They get a white home gray away, and blue alt in this style. The 2nd alt is a more traditional uniform based on their statement uniform. My favorite City Edition that the Knicks have had was their original that paid homage to NYC fire fighters, but it unfortunately doesn't translate well to a baseball uniform so I settled on current city edition as the pinstripes are very baseball and make sense for a New York team

NYKBB1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 20/30 Knicks Full Set Added

Oklahoma City Thunder

OKC gives off strong Astros vibes, but that's primarily die to their color scheme. They get a white home, gray away, and a light blue alt. All three feature combinations of orange, yellow, and blue on the side panels of the jersey. The 2nd alt is their orange statement edition which features the teams abbreviation OKC. For the City Connect I decided to go with their City Edition from 2019-20. while it isn't the most aesthetically pleasing; it is a tribute to those who lost their lives during the Oklahoma City bombing so based on that alone I decided it was a worth choice

OKCBB1

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 21/30 Thunder Full Set Added

Orlando Magic

In true Florida fashion the Magic get a sleeveless jersey and of course with it being the magic they're pinstripe uniforms. While they do get a white away jersey; gray didn't work for them so they get a black away. Their blue statement uniform becomes their alternate uniform. For the City Connect I went with their City edition from 2020-21 as it felt the most central Florida. 

OMBB1

• Like 1
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 22/30 Magic Full Set Added

Philadelphia 76ers

The Sixers carry over really well to a baseball uniform; almost looking like an inverse of the Phillies with a very blue forward uniform. They get a white home and gray away which is accompanied by a blue and red alternate uniforms based on the Icon and Statement jerseys respectively. This was probably the hardest to choose a city edition as the 76ers have had such great city edition uniforms. Ultimately I decided on their 2022-23 because I really like the City of Brotherly Love moniker.

76ersBB1

• Like 2
  • Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 23/30 76ers Full Set Added

Phoenix Suns

I'm so happy the Suns redesigned their uniforms, because before this they looked pretty bad. Their updated design translates well to a white home gray away, and a purple alternate (all of which are sleeveless jerseys. Their black statement edition then becomes their 2nd alt and then for the City Connect I went with the design they used from 2020-2022. 

PSBB1

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 24/30 Suns Full Set Added

Portland Trail Blazers

Even though the Blazers diagonal stripes aren't a traditional baseball design I think it works pretty well on a pullover jersey. So they get a white home, gray away and black alternate all in this style. The red statement uniform becomes their 2nd alternate. I used their current city edition for the city connect. I like the Rip City script for a baseball uniform and the plaid feels very Portland

PTBBB1

• Love 1

ZUH86xc.png

• johne9109 changed the title to NBA X MLB Uniforms 25/30 Trail Blazers Full Set Added