NBA | Cleveland Cavaliers Refresh

timberwolf

Good evening.

I have a decent amount of uniform/logo concepts in my drafts but I've never posted them here. This would be one of them.

The Cavs' recent uniform rebrand was extremely disappointing. The colours are strong and the logos are cool... but the design was incredibly boring and uninspired.

I kept their current colour scheme for the two primary uniforms and deviated slightly for the two alternates. As boring as their redesign was, I don't think it needs a massive overhaul. I like the Cavs hoop script a lot so I kept it as the primary wordmark, although I updated it a bit to include an actual basketball. The sleeves and collar now feature a simple stripe to add a bit more colour pop. The iconic sash returns to the front of the uniform with a bit more fade to give it a two-tone look... but not too busy.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The alternates draw from the Cavs' deep history of unique uniform designs.

City - The sleeve/collar pattern draws from these threads from the 70s. I simplified it a bit and opted for a two-colour combo instead of three. The logo on the front is drawn from this set.

Statement - One of the best throwback colour schemes in ball.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Overall, not a drastic design but I don't think the Cavs need one. Just a few things here and there.

Let me know what you think!

• Like 6

I like the look, but I'd choose a different number font. The 4 on this font treads uncomfortably close to the 4 on the German soccer team's jerseys. That 4 famously caused an uproar that now prevents people from ordering customized 44 jerseys.

• Like 6

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

1 minute ago, stumpygremlin said:

I like the look, but I'd choose a different number font. The 4 on this font treads uncomfortably close to the 4 on the German soccer team's jerseys. That 4 famously caused an uproar that now prevents people from ordering customized 44 jerseys.

It's also not as legible as they need numbers to be. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Good point. I had initially designed these about a month or two before that uproar happened, so I wasn't aware of what the implications could be at the time. Thanks for pointing it out!

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's also not as legible as they need numbers to be. 

Noted.

Here's an update with a cleaner typeface option. Let me know how this looks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Applause 1