Columbus Blue Jackets, (RWB option 6/10)

B-mer

Columbus needs something new. I wish I could come up with a new logo as well, but so far i've been unsuccessful. However, working with what we have, I made something promoting the cannon logo. Now, being indecisive, I'm not sure which color scheme would be the best way to go - RWB or the double blue?  One of my main goals was to move them to predominantly navy blue look, no red pants, but also have a good amount of that blue on the road. While i recognize the chest stripe is a common element, in order to give this team something different i think it works rather well. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Honestly, the double blue makes them more unique, and the logo does look more realistic that way, so I'd go with that color scheme. RWB feels too traditional in American sports, and it's more of an MLB thing than an NHL thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

Columbus needs something new. I wish I could come up with a new logo as well, but so far i've been unsuccessful. However, working with what we have, I made something promoting the cannon logo. Now, being indecisive, I'm not sure which color scheme would be the best way to go - RWB or the double blue?  One of my main goals was to move them to predominantly navy blue look, no red pants, but also have a good amount of that blue on the road. While i recognize the chest stripe is a common element, in order to give this team something different i think it works rather well. 

spacer.png

How would the double blue look if you did the same thing with the blue as you did with the red in the first option?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

How would the double blue look if you did the same thing with the blue as you did with the red in the first option?

Like this: 

spacer.png

which is certainly fine. I like having the lighter blue stand out more on the home.

This about nails what I think they should lean into. This team deserves a new look, the current home look is boring, while the road look is fine but it definitely needs a refresh. I get torn between the two color schemes. I feel RWB is the right call for the origins of this team name, but the double blue is pretty popular. With Waddell coming in, I'd love to see him kickstart a new look moving forward. Nice work all around!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, buckeye said:

This about nails what I think they should lean into. This team deserves a new look, the current home look is boring, while the road look is fine but it definitely needs a refresh. I get torn between the two color schemes. I feel RWB is the right call for the origins of this team name, but the double blue is pretty popular. With Waddell coming in, I'd love to see him kickstart a new look moving forward. Nice work all around!

Would a red accent work with the double blue? Because I don't think the logos work as well with just the double blue.

Regardless, I am on team "cannon" when it comes to the primary. It makes me want to get a sweater.

33 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

Would a red accent work with the double blue? Because I don't think the logos work as well with just the double blue.

Regardless, I am on team "cannon" when it comes to the primary. It makes me want to get a sweater.

You sir, are a genius. That's definitely a way to preserve the RWB without removing the double blue. Maybe the text could be red?

I'm not sure why, as in theory adding red to the double blue should work, but i just don't like the look of it. Maybe it's just the applications of it in the concepts i've seen before. I can try it out maybe. 

Both color schemes make sense for different reasons, so it's so hard to pick. and both look good too. 

35 minutes ago, BlueMoon18 said:

You sir, are a genius. That's definitely a way to preserve the RWB without removing the double blue. Maybe the text could be red?

Here's my attempt at mixing the two. Gives me Tennessee Titans vibes since that's basically what their color scheme was. I feel like the double blue by itself (and with the cannon logo) has an intrinsic old-time feel to it, adding the red gives it a little more modern punch, for better or worse i don't know. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

52 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Here's my attempt at mixing the two. Gives me Tennessee Titans vibes since that's basically what their color scheme was. I feel like the double blue by itself (and with the cannon logo) has an intrinsic old-time feel to it, adding the red gives it a little more modern punch, for better or worse i don't know. 

spacer.png

JACK. POT. This is absolutely perfect implementation of red into the double blue so it can still stick out while also not being too obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B-mer said:

spacer.png

Titans was exactly what I was thinking as well. Their issue is they took a light blue team and made them drab with the navy. Blue Jackets are already a navy team, so it adds a little more pop. 

I like this but don't have major issues with any of the looks you've presented.

• Like 1

Here's another thought for the logo conundrum.  Makes me enlarge the chest stripe, which i had to make the arm stripes a little bigger too. I saw this done on a concept a looooong time ago and always liked it. 

spacer.png

On 6/4/2024 at 11:47 AM, B-mer said:

spacer.png

I REALLY like this. A couple things that I'm wondering how they would look is if on the home you switched the light blue and white? And also if there was some red or both colors added as a small accent on the hem stripe? Something seems missing at the bottom to really complete it. Last thing is either a red or light blue alternate or both. If the Jackets took this tomorrow and ran with it I'd buy a jersey instantly, outstanding job!

I started trying out another direction for the Blue Jackets, so this doesn't go with the above set. In my research to come up with a new look I got inspired by JB Designs' Team Norway concept for his Women's World Cup hockey series, so credit to him for the lined gradient. I used the font from the Allstar Game in Nashville, which i think fits the Blue Jackets perfectly to pair with the beveled star in the logo. As far as alternates go, red is an obvious choice to stand out, but contradictory for a team called the "Blue Jackets", so something that still has plenty of blue like this helps solve that contradiction in my mind. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

• B-mer changed the title to Columbus Blue Jackets, (Alternate uniform 6/7)

@Thunderfan23 I like the red/navy version because in my mind this would go with the following set which shuffles up the hierarchy a little. However, almost any jersey looks good in the double blue. 

spacer.png

This set redirects the team to being navy, red, and white, with elements from both previous eras. The home brings back the broader use of red, while the road continues forward with the r/w/b/w/r stripe pattern, just applied in a new way. I also brought back the old hat logo on the shoulders. I've always liked it more than the cannon as a shoulder logo as it better represents the team name with the hat. Also carried over the beveled font used in the alternate design.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

• B-mer changed the title to Columbus Blue Jackets, (RWB option 6/10)

I really like all of these, but my favourite is still probably the first home jersey you posted, at the very top of that first picture. It's friggin' excellent!

Love how the white pops on it.

• Like 1

thecatch.jpg

On 6/7/2024 at 11:31 AM, B-mer said:

I started trying out another direction for the Blue Jackets, so this doesn't go with the above set. In my research to come up with a new look I got inspired by JB Designs' Team Norway concept for his Women's World Cup hockey series, so credit to him for the lined gradient. I used the font from the Allstar Game in Nashville, which i think fits the Blue Jackets perfectly to pair with the beveled star in the logo. As far as alternates go, red is an obvious choice to stand out, but contradictory for a team called the "Blue Jackets", so something that still has plenty of blue like this helps solve that contradiction in my mind. 

spacer.png

This one is very Capitals-esque

On 6/10/2024 at 11:49 AM, B-mer said:

@Thunderfan23 I like the red/navy version because in my mind this would go with the following set which shuffles up the hierarchy a little. However, almost any jersey looks good in the double blue. 

spacer.png

This set redirects the team to being navy, red, and white, with elements from both previous eras. The home brings back the broader use of red, while the road continues forward with the r/w/b/w/r stripe pattern, just applied in a new way. I also brought back the old hat logo on the shoulders. I've always liked it more than the cannon as a shoulder logo as it better represents the team name with the hat. Also carried over the beveled font used in the alternate design.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The top one here gives me a 'Jets alternate' vibe for some reason.

This is actually a really interesting set for them. Columbus actually looks a lot better having a more traditional uniform set with that colour scheme.