A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (30/32) Washington and Pittsburgh added

Jack Holmes

Anaheim Ducks

ANAHEIM SET 2024b copy

I like the original jade and eggplant but I also like the orange for the new Orange County ownership, and this way Anaheim don't infringe on looking too much like Philadelphia, even though I think they do a good enough job of distinguishing themselves in real life, especially with their new orange-heavy uniforms. But there's not enough purple in the league so I think they'd look nice repping that.

Montreal Canadiens 

MONTREAL SET 2024b copy

The idea is to match the colour balance from their home to their roads by removing the red on the road whites. But I didn't just want to give them a matching chest stripe so I gave them a square yolk ala the Oilers fauxback, and this way their road jerseys still have a bit of a yolk too

• Like 6

Great stuff so far! I always liked the idea of double red for the Flames. Also love the Sens jerseys; I'm still disappointed that they never used that logo.

For a while I've been thinking that eggplant, jade and orange could work for the Ducks and you've nailed it here. I like how the other colours pop on the dark purple base.

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

On 7/12/2024 at 12:05 AM, wildwing64 said:

Great stuff so far! I always liked the idea of double red for the Flames. Also love the Sens jerseys; I'm still disappointed that they never used that logo.

For a while I've been thinking that eggplant, jade and orange could work for the Ducks and you've nailed it here. I like how the other colours pop on the dark purple base.

Thanks! I am proud of the Ducks concept, the orange and jade really do pop, I think. :D

Los Angeles Kings

LOS ANGELES SET 2024y copy

Wanted to re-introduce purple to LA but I think black and silver just work in contrast so well together without the need for purple, I didn't see any reason over-saturating the Kings. Brought back the Los Angeles hemline script and changed the font a little because I don't think the block font really works with the logo.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (18/32) LA Kings added
On 7/10/2024 at 5:32 AM, Jack Holmes said:

Anaheim Ducks

ANAHEIM SET 2024b copy

I like the original jade and eggplant but I also like the orange for the new Orange County ownership, and this way Anaheim don't infringe on looking too much like Philadelphia, even though I think they do a good enough job of distinguishing themselves in real life, especially with their new orange-heavy uniforms. But there's not enough purple in the league so I think they'd look nice repping that.

Very nice. I'd buy it. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

A couple of more concepts today.

Philadelphia Flyers

PHILADELPHIA SET 2024 copy

Simply trying to merge their two prominent striping designs, with a thicker sleeve stripe to match a thin top of the shoulder/yolk design. Full stripes across the nameplates because I think that looks really nice and unique for them, and 2000s era number thickness. Similiar present day bold orange. I wish the Flyers had more logos to work with, or that I had the creativity to make a shoulder patch but I suppose not every team needs one.

New Jersey Devils

NEW JERSEY SET 2024 copy

Another merger of classics designs, pretty much their original sweaters and their 90s colours. Square yolk instead of something angular just to make everything appear more rigid and in line. Was tempted to make their primary home black but I think like Philly, a black sweater works best as an alternate where a two-tone colour scheme can really pop and there's less pressure to utilize white (ala their stadium series jersey). 

• Like 1

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (20/32) New Jersey and Philadelphia added

Finish off the tri-state teams.

New York Islanders

NY ISLANDERS SET 2024 copy

I am a fan of the wave. I mean I am also a fan of the Fisherman logo but only as an alternate. I think a wave pattern, if not the exact 90s one, works well with a rounded logo too, in shape but also feels a bit like a moon above the ocean. Went with a more rounded font too because the wave pattern doesn't with the standard Isles block font. Maintained the early 00s navy just as a way to distinguish the Islanders from the Rangers (in the same way the Yankees and Mets wear navy and royal blue apiece). Added a little bit of the sea sickness blue just for a bit of extra oomph along the waves. 

New York Rangers

NY RANGERS SET 2024a copy

Pretty standard Rangers set but I love the red numbers and script from their last Stadium Series jersey and I think it better matches the home blue to keep the script and numbers in red. Added a logo as a shoulder patch also in ode to the Stadium Series jersey.

• Like 2

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (22/32) Rangers and Islanders added

Tampa Bay Lightning

TAMPA BAY SET 2024x copy

Tampa Bay have a real logo problem, imo. As much as I like their current logo I think it always looks cheap as an actual sweater crest. And it's hard to use when you want to incorporate black and silver back into the design. So I'm using their 2007 Edge era logo, which despite have script incorporated into it - which isn't something I like - feels like their most complete logo, imo. Brining back their original colour balance too, even if it doesn't brighten the league up as much, I think black suits them a little more than blue. Originally wanted a lightning bolt striping pattern but it looked too bulky, Maybe as a third or a different concept.

Detroit Red Wings

DETROIT SET 2024a copy

Can't do much to change what is basically the best sweater in the league, imo. Just simple and effective. Although there's a lot you can do with just red and white and horizontal stripes, tbh. I tried to stick something different but simple. Felt like the idea here with the home reds was to make the sleeve stripes feel like racing stripes or tires to some degree. And then just inverted it for the white instead of reversing it just to make the white pop more. Using the Stadium Series D logo as opposed to the Cougars/Winter Classic one as a shoulder patch to make it seem more contemporary. 

• Like 2

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (24/32) Detroit and Tampa Bay added

Nashville Predators

NASHVILLE SET 2024 copy

Wanted to give them for grey/silver as a nod to their OG unis as well as the Reverse Retro 1.0s - I do think the grey/silver looks slick on the yellow, but for colour balance reasons I decided just streamline to white so as to better match the road whites and not muddy the waters too much. I think Nashville should embrace the big sprawling shoulder stripes more - creates a unique look.

Colorado Avalanche

COLORADO SET 2024a copy

Nothing too extreme here. Much like the Flyers I am always tempted to see what a traditional striping pattern would look on the Avs, but I think the full shoulder/sleeve pattern is just too iconic to mess with too much, no matter how you end up cutting it and slicing to fit. I've just gone with a navy blue over the sky/powder blue they wear to distance them from the Quebec days a little more and embrace the old navy of the Colorado Rockies days.

• Like 1

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (26/32) Colorado and Nashville added

Boston Bruins

BOSTON  SET 2024a copy

Always been a big fan of what I think of as the "Happy Gilmore" striping aka the 80s era Bruins. I also really liked their centennial jerseys from last season. I like the deemphasis of yellow; the lack of yellow yolks and the white numbers (the latter makes them stand out from the Penguins).

San Jose Sharks

SAN JOSE SET 2024a copy

Pretty much their inaugural jerseys with the length of the cuffs inverted; so all white on the white instead of teal, but all white on the home teal jersey. Similiar slick modern font and all teal pants and helmets to keep in line with what they have now. Just more silver so as to keep from looking like the teal Bruins. 

• Like 5

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (28/32) Boston and San Jose added!
45 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

Boston Bruins

BOSTON  SET 2024a copy

Always been a big fan of what I think of as the "Happy Gilmore" striping aka the 80s era Bruins. I also really liked their centennial jerseys from last season. I like the deemphasis of yellow; the lack of yellow yolks and the white numbers (the latter makes them stand out from the Penguins).

San Jose Sharks

SAN JOSE SET 2024a copy

Pretty much their inaugural jerseys with the length of the cuffs inverted; so all white on the white instead of teal, but all white on the home teal jersey. Similiar slick modern font and all teal pants and helmets to keep in line with what they have now. Just more silver so as to keep from looking like the teal Bruins. 

Any bruins concept that uses the yellow B on black jersey and black B on the white jersey is a win in my book. 

signature2

Washington Capitals

WASHINGTON SET 20249 copy

Merely transitioning Washington into a more traditional striping pattern while maintaining the script logo because as much as I like the Weagle as well as the various W logos, they don't hit as hard for me when seeing them as centre crests. May use the initial concept I was working on for a third jersey though.

Pittsburgh Penguins

PITTSBURGH SET 2024f copy

Just yellowing them up to keep from looking too much like Boston from afar, and using the old Stadium Series logo as a shoulder patch because I feel like it works.

• Like 2

• Jack Holmes changed the title to A 2024 NHL Redesign Concept Series - (30/32) Washington and Pittsburgh added
55 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

Washington Capitals

WASHINGTON SET 20249 copy

Merely transitioning Washington into a more traditional striping pattern while maintaining the script logo because as much as I like the Weagle as well as the various W logos, they don't hit as hard for me when seeing them as centre crests. May use the initial concept I was working on for a third jersey though.

Pittsburgh Penguins

PITTSBURGH SET 2024f copy

Just yellowing them up to keep from looking too much like Boston from afar, and using the old Stadium Series logo as a shoulder patch because I feel like it works.

For the Penguins I probably would've kept the yellow triangle for the away jersey. Never personally been a fan of yellow home jerseys in a dark-at-home system, but still a cool concept.

• Like 2