My CFL Redesign 10/9 (Bonus Atlantic Schooners added)

clonewars2008

Good day all, I present to you all my redesign of the CFL using the Collage Football 25 team builder. Now the first thing to say I am greatly limited by the technology of my time as I am not very good with photoshop but I was hoping there would be more to it but I tried to use what was given to me to try and create some concepts. 

For each team will have 4 uniforms, your normal home and away as well as an alternate and a retro (or retro inspired) uniform. 

To start off, the BC lions, overall for the home and away was taking what they already have but adding a more 60's feel for it with the numbers and the helmet creating a much more contrasting look between the two. Also brought back the paw logo for the pants. 
s6B2kUv.png
vW7g5wo.png
The alternate is their 2013-2015 signature uniform as best as I can recreate it. 
o9BSxke.png
The retro is the 70's retro they used in 2010 but more specifically the 1977 version. 
 BcQJ3DH.png
There is a 5th uniform option where I gave it to the away as it kinda invokes the 1980's but I just wanted to add an orange pants option and also that retro 80's logo and helmet too but didn't want to do two retros. 
lHqhpuf.png

• Like 3

BtdCezY.png

That's a pretty solid set, I just miss a better orange jersey. That white collar is maybe too much. I do understand the point of BC Lions with black, but orange is the colour the Lions own in this league, and relegate it to an accent colour for me is sad, since it allow themselves to be confused with Ottawa and Hamilton . Judging by the recent change from white to "fog", this new colour could replace white. I'd be okay even with a darker shade of grey.

Posting Calgary now. As for the home and away, I used to think Calgary should get rid of black from their uniforms but after a bit I find that black as an accent colour is more aesthetically pleasing. For the most part they are contrasting with each other and added silver to accent the numbers. I also loved when Calgary used their secondary logo on the away so I put it back on there. 
7xO0Zz9.png
QR2tj9u.png

For the outlaw jersey I wanted to be a bit more cavalier in it's design and taking influence from the chrome they used on the 2014-2021 as well as the current Outlaw uniform and chromified the logo and number elements. As well as the helmet stripes which has the barbed wire decal. I wish I could have added more barbed wire elements but I couldn't get it right. I also added the retro logo to it as it's a cool looking logo and if you will have a cowboy themed jersey, you need a cowboy logo. 
ubeZcXw.png

For the retro jersey I took inspiration from the current home as well as the 1948 throwbacks and added a more historically accurate white helmet with the logo on one side and numbers on the other.  
msmZOxL.png
jVVxRty.png

• Like 3

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 2/9 (Calgary Stampeders added)
12 hours ago, johnrafael said:

That's a pretty solid set, I just miss a better orange jersey. That white collar is maybe too much. I do understand the point of BC Lions with black, but orange is the colour the Lions own in this league, and relegate it to an accent colour for me is sad, since it allow themselves to be confused with Ottawa and Hamilton . Judging by the recent change from white to "fog", this new colour could replace white. I'd be okay even with a darker shade of grey.

I too liked when BC wore orange but I tried to make it look good and couldn't feel it. Plus I like the mid 60's look a bit better. 

BtdCezY.png

Moving on with the Edmonton Elks today, I honestly want them to lean more into that elk logo more for the helmet like the full colored one and I got rid of the white stripe and just went with a solid green one which i thinks looks better. The home and away I have simplified a bit with two thicker stripes instead of 3 thinner ones which to me unless you have a contrasting stripe on top of the 3 and bottom just gets lost in the motion so the two bigger ones look a lot better to me visually. Also the home and away have yellow pants (important for the team of today to get right) and green socks to create that contrasting look. 

tRGtUSL.png
VJEJNJI.png

For the alternate I decided to go with a yellow jersey and to keep contrast the helmet is green and so are the pants while the socks are yellow. Again it goes into one of two philosophies about alternates where it's either totally different from your regular brand or it's a 3 expression of your brand. 

WJKfOZe.png

For the throwback we go back to the famed dynasty branding of the late 70's and early 80's. Now the team creator in it's restrictive state didn't allow me to get the jersey striping correct but I think it captures the look quite well. 
ehHJpfw.png

• Like 2

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 3/9 (Edmonton Elks added)

I would honestly try to reduce the amount of Black in the CFL.  There are only 9 teams and 4 of them use Black as their primary or secondary color (Ottawa, BC, Calgary, Hamilton).  That is too much.   I would recommend:

Make BC's primary color orange and use black as the secondary. 

Minimize the use of black for Calgary, there is no need for it. 

Keep Hamilton the same, and have Ottawa be black and red balanced. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WideRight said:

I would honestly try to reduce the amount of Black in the CFL.  There are only 9 teams and 4 of them use Black as their primary or secondary color (Ottawa, BC, Calgary, Hamilton).  That is too much.   I would recommend:

Use silver instead

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, WideRight said:

I tired to make an orange home jersey for BC but I couldn't get it to look right the way I was thinking. Calgary I was also thinking silver but also it didn't jive well to add silver in where the black is but I think the use of black here doesn't make it too much like the intersquad scrimmages that you would see when Ottawa came back. Once team builder starts working again I'll see if I can tweak it but I like the 60's vibe to BC for it's home uniform. 

BtdCezY.png

Moving on with Hamilton now, for their home and away I didn't change really anything as I felt like there wasn't much to change here. Again with team builder limitations can only have 5 graphics for the uniform so I sacrificed the sleeve logo for the black caps. 

OugQKNV.png

GzWqA55.png

For the alternate I decided to do a little reverse retro concept here where I took the 1997-2004 big tiger cat head uniform and made it yellow. I also took inspiration from the 2006 Labour Day white helmet that they tried for one game. 
RD6Vkh9.png

For the retro I am throwing it back to the 1970's with the classic look inspired by their 1972 home Grey Cup win vs Saskatchewan. Sadly the team builder doesn't allow you to do different coloured number sets so I couldn't do the black on yellow numbers. But like Edmonton's I think it turned out fine. 
iv6AILY.png

• Like 1

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 4/9 (Hamilton Tiger-Cats added)

We move on the current Grey Cup champions and it's the Montreal Alouettes. When I originally saw the new uniforms and branding from 2019, I didn't like it that much. I felt it made the stadium look too drab at night but maybe it was just the original helmet that went with it that looked bad. since they replaced it, it has grown on me. For the home and away I didn't change that much to it either, took away the sleeve numbers and added the team logo. added better striping on the pants to match the helmet. 
Ui469rd.png
XbnVYf2.png
The alternate is the same one, I actually like this alt, it's a bit flashy.
TdTlzuN.png

The throwback is the 1970's/80's throwback which is the best uniform in the team's history. 
f0VaEG8.png

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 5/9 (Montreal Alouettes added)

The Alouettes are the Juventus of the CFL. The new logo was hard to accept at first, but when it finally caught on, it became one of the best. I'd personally use a typeface for the numbers that matched the logo, something more curved, like the one on the NFL Bears' jersey.

We approach now my favorite team, the Ottawa REDBLACKS and while I would love to have utilized more plaid into the uniform my skills weren't up to that yet. So, I used the new home uniform as inspiration and one of the biggest complaints of mine is that there is not enough red in the home jersey and a lack of details in the lower half of the uniform as well as black in the away. 
OyM1qyf.png
bfBGoY9.png
For the Alt I just kept the same template as the home and away to have 3 matching uniforms except for the helmet. I wanted to add in that Ottawa Football Club logo to the helmet and have a late 60's inspired look to it along with a red facemask. 
uwpdqRY.png
For the retro it's of course that famed Ottawa Rough Riders throwback we all have been wanting. 
blj1QGT.png

I also did a bit of an edit to BC's home jersey to see how the orange jersey looks, I mean it's not bad but I wish I could have more than 5 uniforms to use.
 oTMbr2h.png

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 6/9 (Ottawa REDBLACKS added)

Next up is the Saskatchewan Roughriders, and three things I wanted to do with this brand #1; bring back some black as an accent colour into the uniform. I felt like it needed a bit of some definition, #2; fix that next gen alt and add more blitz green to it as well it suffers from the same thing that plagues Ottawa's new home, not enough colour below the belt. And the last major change I wanted to do but sadly I couldn't get it to work is bring back the helmet wrap logo from 1985-2007. Worst mistake for Saskatchewan's branding was getting rid of that. I also added a 13th man patch as well to give a salute to the fans. So again for the home and away I just added touch black to the look. Nothing too much. Kinda gives me late 90's early 2000's vibes.
g9zLICJ.png
JmhQD5f.png
The obsidian next gen alt gets a fix here with more blitz green and some chromified elements like numbers and logos as the actual one is just so bland.
akMdXLi.png

The retro is your standard one, nothing too fancy.
RN4Cxz5.png

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 7/9 (Saskatchewan Roughriders added)

Next up is the Toronto Argonauts, this is the team who I wanted to change the most. They really really missed the boat here with their 2023 redesign, I was on the fence with their 2019 one but can live with it. But their 2012-2018 look is vastly superior in every way. But for this redesign I decided to look to the 70's for this one. I also put the brown back into the football for the logo as I feel like it's a better element to have in the logo. The Oxford blue is also back as the dominate colour but having good elements of Cambridge blue as well. The away combo is inspired by 1991 as well. 
hSPKTvS.png
kHhgFIb.png
For the Alt it's the same as the home and away with a bit of 1974 and 1975 thrown in and a Cambridge blue helmet for a more colour rush design. 
KbnrBdZ.png
And the retro uniform is the Jason the Argo uniform from 1996-2004. I wish I could have done the proper pants but I think it looks good and that big Jason logo is an all time great CFL logo. 
G1kyRjZ.png

• Love 1

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 8/9 (Toronto Argonauts added)

And we get to the final team here and it's the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. For the home and away not much has changed again like Hamilton they got it right, accept for the away, got rid of the shoulder portion mainly out of limitations. 
czHpONH.png
Z8RZ1t2.png
The Alternate uniform is a gold version of the away. I know it's out of left field but it was inspired in part by the 2012-2015 away with a blue helmet. 
37voDFr.png
The Retro is inspired by the 1962 Fog Bowl uniforms but with the retro logo and gold added on. 
DDjVlWh.png

All of these are available to download in College Football 25 under cflfan96 if you want to use them. 

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 9/9 (Winnipeg Blue Bombers added)

So I've been toying around with a Schooners design for a bit now and really landed on purple as the primary colour for this team as the CFL does not have a purple team. So with that and the defacto location of playing and area being Halifax and the Maritimes I also added two shades of grey for the nautical theme. I was also going to make gold a more prominent colour but everything seemed to point out the Ravens or PB and J. And that did not sit well with me but I kept it on the logo. So for the home away and alt I went with that colour scheme. The alt features a purple helmet as well to mix it up and maybe create a colour rush alt with the purple uniform. 
d0RGCQQ.png
m7qhAhx.png
ChneS7r.png

For the retro I had to do some digging, what would a team that never existed but tried to initially look like? I found some people holding flags with a more black and gold and white colour scheme and thought to adapt the uniforms I made for them already into these colours for a "retro" look. 
MZyFHX1.png

Maybe I might do a few more cities as a bonus but I do wish the Schooners one day join the league. But as I always say, the best rivalry in the CFL isn't the Bombers and Roughriders but the Schooners and existence. 

• Like 1

BtdCezY.png

• clonewars2008 changed the title to My CFL Redesign 10/9 (Bonus Atlantic Schooners added)
On 8/31/2024 at 1:47 AM, clonewars2008 said:

So I've been toying around with a Schooners design for a bit now and really landed on purple as the primary colour for this team as the CFL does not have a purple team. So with that and the defacto location of playing and area being Halifax and the Maritimes I also added two shades of grey for the nautical theme. I was also going to make gold a more prominent colour but everything seemed to point out the Ravens or PB and J. And that did not sit well with me but I kept it on the logo. So for the home away and alt I went with that colour scheme. The alt features a purple helmet as well to mix it up and maybe create a colour rush alt with the purple uniform. 
d0RGCQQ.png
m7qhAhx.png
ChneS7r.png

For the retro I had to do some digging, what would a team that never existed but tried to initially look like? I found some people holding flags with a more black and gold and white colour scheme and thought to adapt the uniforms I made for them already into these colours for a "retro" look. 
MZyFHX1.png

Maybe I might do a few more cities as a bonus but I do wish the Schooners one day join the league. But as I always say, the best rivalry in the CFL isn't the Bombers and Roughriders but the Schooners and existence. 

I know that there was a logo done up for the Schooners and I do see your point on "no purple" teams. 

Because of the appeal to the "Atlantic" and not just Halifax or Nova Scotia, it feels like they need to incorporate the Atlantic region in the design.

City of Halifax flag: Blue flag with gold cross

Nova Scotia flag: White flag with blue cross; gold crest with red lion

New Brunswick flag: gold flag, gold lion on red band, ship with blue water on bottom

Newfoundland: White flag, blue, red, gold

PEI: White flag, gold lion on red band, 

Colour scheme: blue, white, red, gold >>> Similar to the Kansas City Scouts colour scheme

Expansion ideas:

Toronto: 2.93M

Hamilton: 579,000

Calgary: 1.3M

Montreal: 1.78M

Vancouver: 675,000

Edmonton: 981,000

Ottawa: sub 1M

Regina:

Winnipeg: 758,000

Expansion options

Quebec City: 733,000

Kitchener: 522,000

London: 423,000

Victoria: 363,000

Halifax: 348,000

Windsor: 306,000

We currently have 9 teams. The CFL should expand to 12 teams. 

1) Atlantic (Halifax et al): They have already looked at this market

2) Quebec City: The city with the biggest population in this grouping and there is a long history of success in CIS football in the province. 

3) London (or Kitchener): Despite having a smaller population, London feels like an ideal fit. They would be able to draw on the surrounding area (Sarnia, Windsor); there's a history of football success with the Western Mustangs. Kitchener would have access to some other big markets (Guelph and Cambridge) along with the outlying areas. The downside is that it's close enough to both Toronto and Hamilton to have some difficulty in establishing it's own solid fanbase IMO

On 8/24/2024 at 8:37 PM, clonewars2008 said:

Good day all, I present to you all my redesign of the CFL using the Collage Football 25 team builder. Now the first thing to say I am greatly limited by the technology of my time as I am not very good with photoshop but I was hoping there would be more to it but I tried to use what was given to me to try and create some concepts. 

For each team will have 4 uniforms, your normal home and away as well as an alternate and a retro (or retro inspired) uniform. 

To start off, the BC lions, overall for the home and away was taking what they already have but adding a more 60's feel for it with the numbers and the helmet creating a much more contrasting look between the two. Also brought back the paw logo for the pants. 
s6B2kUv.png
vW7g5wo.png
The alternate is their 2013-2015 signature uniform as best as I can recreate it. 
o9BSxke.png
The retro is the 70's retro they used in 2010 but more specifically the 1977 version. 
 BcQJ3DH.png
There is a 5th uniform option where I gave it to the away as it kinda invokes the 1980's but I just wanted to add an orange pants option and also that retro 80's logo and helmet too but didn't want to do two retros. 
lHqhpuf.png

I really like what you did with BC here overall. Not a ton of complaints.

On 8/25/2024 at 10:21 AM, clonewars2008 said:

Posting Calgary now. As for the home and away, I used to think Calgary should get rid of black from their uniforms but after a bit I find that black as an accent colour is more aesthetically pleasing. For the most part they are contrasting with each other and added silver to accent the numbers. I also loved when Calgary used their secondary logo on the away so I put it back on there. 
7xO0Zz9.png
QR2tj9u.png

For the outlaw jersey I wanted to be a bit more cavalier in it's design and taking influence from the chrome they used on the 2014-2021 as well as the current Outlaw uniform and chromified the logo and number elements. As well as the helmet stripes which has the barbed wire decal. I wish I could have added more barbed wire elements but I couldn't get it right. I also added the retro logo to it as it's a cool looking logo and if you will have a cowboy themed jersey, you need a cowboy logo. 
ubeZcXw.png

For the retro jersey I took inspiration from the current home as well as the 1948 throwbacks and added a more historically accurate white helmet with the logo on one side and numbers on the other.  
msmZOxL.png
jVVxRty.png

I do like the cleanliness of the Stamps with the red, white and silver. However, I do get it. The black outlaw uni is pretty incredible. 

On 8/27/2024 at 12:59 AM, clonewars2008 said:

Moving on with Hamilton now, for their home and away I didn't change really anything as I felt like there wasn't much to change here. Again with team builder limitations can only have 5 graphics for the uniform so I sacrificed the sleeve logo for the black caps. 

OugQKNV.png

GzWqA55.png

For the alternate I decided to do a little reverse retro concept here where I took the 1997-2004 big tiger cat head uniform and made it yellow. I also took inspiration from the 2006 Labour Day white helmet that they tried for one game. 
RD6Vkh9.png

For the retro I am throwing it back to the 1970's with the classic look inspired by their 1972 home Grey Cup win vs Saskatchewan. Sadly the team builder doesn't allow you to do different coloured number sets so I couldn't do the black on yellow numbers. But like Edmonton's I think it turned out fine. 
iv6AILY.png

That Labour day logo is great and should be used more. Good job overall here.