CRD's Ideal NHL [SEA Added]

CRDesigns

Hello everyone, it has been a hot minute! 
Hope you are all well.
Its been nearly 3 years since I last designed my 'Ideal NHL', so I have decided to go through the league once again and design my ideal Home / Away / Alternate jerseys for each team. I will also include this year's Stadium Series, Winter Classic, and the 4-Nations Face Off.

To begin, I have my hometown team!
Winnipeg Jets
Home

yzWMMVZ.png

nwrrIIA.png

Away
VPgzlau.png
mo8dAxM.png

Alternate
iFyUkBF.pngJej9sAc.png

As you can tell, I put full focus on the heritage branding here. I think the current navy jersey is gorgeous, but desperately needs white numbers and names for better legibility and contrast. I also flipped the logo colours to match how it was worn by the original franchise. The alternate jersey uses the 90s Jets logo which was brought back for RevRet2.0, but instead of a white jersey I used the Aviator Blue, and swapped Red/Navy for Grey. 

Feedback is very welcome! Thanks for taking the time to check this out! 

• Like 4

Moving on, we have....

Washington Capitals

Home
LKpsIe9.png
gGi4whW.png

Away
2oeDqrO.pngwzjeqHL.png

Alternate
cRA2E64.pngPmIOJxL.png

Washington got a pretty drastic overhaul here. I hate the Weagle, i hate their current logo, and i dont really like the Screagle either. I combined the capitol building from the Weagle with the new-ish alternate W logo for the primaries, with jersey striping inspired by the flag, and the alternate is a heritage inspired jersey. 

Thoughts and opinions are welcome + encouraged! Thanks for checking out my post! 

• Like 4

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Ideal NHL [WSH Added]

Jets - It's like the team never left Manitoba with the home and road. Pretty much the classic set, only thing I would change is make the Jet white on the main logo on the home and white on all the logos on the road so it stands out more. Not feeling the alternate colours and striping.

Caps - The navy on the retro alternate and lighter blue on the main set with the new logo seems strange. I would like to see the home and road with the navy and some sort of shoulder logos.

• Like 1

Time to get right into the next team:

Vegas Golden Knights

Home
cL1eWU0.png
qxIPSOy.png

Away
UUUlVlJ.png

CtjhjkI.png

Alternate
yHv1klh.png
7GIs9zN.png

My ideal look for Vegas is one that is very inspired by their RevRet jerseys / The IHL's Las Vegas Thunder. I made a bit of a modern version of their striping and applied it to the entire set. The alternate uses the Thunder identity full time, which realistically would never happen, but hey a guy can dream.

Feedback is very appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to check out my work! 

• Like 3

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Ideal NHL [VGK Added]
On 10/7/2024 at 12:30 PM, CRDesigns said:

Hello everyone, it has been a hot minute! 
Hope you are all well.
Its been nearly 3 years since I last designed my 'Ideal NHL', so I have decided to go through the league once again and design my ideal Home / Away / Alternate jerseys for each team. I will also include this year's Stadium Series, Winter Classic, and the 4-Nations Face Off.

To begin, I have my hometown team!
Winnipeg Jets
Home

yzWMMVZ.png

nwrrIIA.png

Away
VPgzlau.png
mo8dAxM.png

Alternate
iFyUkBF.pngJej9sAc.png

As you can tell, I put full focus on the heritage branding here. I think the current navy jersey is gorgeous, but desperately needs white numbers and names for better legibility and contrast. I also flipped the logo colours to match how it was worn by the original franchise. The alternate jersey uses the 90s Jets logo which was brought back for RevRet2.0, but instead of a white jersey I used the Aviator Blue, and swapped Red/Navy for Grey. 

Feedback is very welcome! Thanks for taking the time to check this out! 

While I like the heritage look, I think if it's going to become their home and away it needs some modernizing (especially in the logo.) Still looks great. 

signature2

2 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Time to get right into the next team:

Vegas Golden Knights

Home
cL1eWU0.png
qxIPSOy.png

Away
UUUlVlJ.png

CtjhjkI.png

Alternate
yHv1klh.png
7GIs9zN.png

My ideal look for Vegas is one that is very inspired by their RevRet jerseys / The IHL's Las Vegas Thunder. I made a bit of a modern version of their striping and applied it to the entire set. The alternate uses the Thunder identity full time, which realistically would never happen, but hey a guy can dream.

Feedback is very appreciated! Thanks for taking the time to check out my work! 

I am all for the removal of red from the Knight's color scheme. The heritage is fine, but like you said if it was ever going to happen it would be redressed with the Knight's identity

• Like 1
signature2

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Speaking of Vancouver....

Home
TaxVCMS.png
MDpCEIj.png

Away
O1skVTw.pngTfkdo2a.png

Alternate
7QnHqCy.png
40Cpffc.png

Vancouver's changes arent too drastic, and if im being totally honest, after sitting on these for a few days i almost prefer their current H/A over my new ones. For the sake of the series, we'll roll with my changes.  The alternate is a new version of the sprite can jerseys.

Feedback is very appreciated, thanks for checking out my work! 

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Ideal NHL [VAN Added]

Good morning! Time to move on to the next team:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Home

Ow7LKR7.png
I3hrPsL.png

Away

cCmH0w6.pnge7dehhC.png

Alternate
Jtp94qf.png
slySWLY.png

Toronto's jersey set is inspired by their vintage alternates from the 2000s, with their current logo. The alternate uses St. Pats colours.

Feedback is appreciated, thanks for checking out my work! 

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Ideal NHL [TOR Added]
2 hours ago, CRDesigns said:

Good morning! Time to move on to the next team:

Toronto Maple Leafs

Home

Ow7LKR7.png
I3hrPsL.png

Away

cCmH0w6.pnge7dehhC.png

Alternate
Jtp94qf.png
slySWLY.png

Toronto's jersey set is inspired by their vintage alternates from the 2000s, with their current logo. The alternate uses St. Pats colours.

I actually really like the white shoulders on the blue jersey and while I like the melding of Maple Leaf and St Pats designs; I would prefer a straight forward St. Pats design

• Like 1
signature2

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for the feedback, I have a pretty interesting take on our next team...

Tampa Bay Lightning

Home

Mn7jsUI.png
EqRlFXg.png

Away

bSpIFgu.png
4Nbag2e.png

Alternate
7OcARCL.png
HfciKTt.png

For Tampa, I was going to use their current primary logo as ive always been a big fan of it, but while i was looking at alternate logos I was reminded of the Florida roundel, and decided to use that as a primary instead. It looks a bit dated, but it gives me vintage Lightning vibes which is where my favourite branding of theirs is from. The alternate is inspired by their Stadium Series jersey using a new electric blue colour.

• Like 2

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Ideal NHL [TBL Added]
6 minutes ago, CRDesigns said:

Happy Friday everyone and thanks for the feedback, I have a pretty interesting take on our next team...

Tampa Bay Lightning

Home

Mn7jsUI.png
EqRlFXg.png

Away

bSpIFgu.png
4Nbag2e.png

Alternate
7OcARCL.png
HfciKTt.png

For Tampa, I was going to use their current primary logo as ive always been a big fan of it, but while i was looking at alternate logos I was reminded of the Florida roundel, and decided to use that as a primary instead. It looks a bit dated, but it gives me vintage Lightning vibes which is where my favourite branding of theirs is from. The alternate is inspired by their Stadium Series jersey using a new electric blue colour.

This feels like a modernization of the Lightning's original design and I love that you went with blue as the main color and not back to black. The alternate is great and if they really wanted to differentiate themselves from Toronto they could easily go a route like this.

• Like 1
signature2

Took a couple days off for the long weekend  (Happy thanksgiving to my northern friends!)
Our next team:

Seattle Kraken

Home
EXRarDF.png8JT8UrF.png

Away
iPOPcLi.png
YK2sZr8.png

Alternate
m6cH2TG.pngBJOqe4I.png

Seattle's jerseys are already near-perfect in my eyes. I flipped the arm striping a bit compared to their actual jerseys, but other than that everythings basically the same. A colour swapped alt using ice blue and their beautiful secondary logo rounds out the set. 

• Like 1

• CRDesigns changed the title to CRD's Ideal NHL [SEA Added]